Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Australian resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An informative summary of a few of the main resorts down under in Oz in this Guardian article
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A suspect phrase creeps into this description of Thredbo, though:

"Thredbo is a truly unique and diverse alpine village..." but the author fails to say what's "truly unique" about it. So do I.

Thredbo is a pleasant village with some worthwhile skiing. In good conditions it repays the 6 hours drive south from Sydney with some fun sliding. "Truly unique" it aint.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's Perisher Blue like DG? I've been informed Hannah is going there next summer (apparently my opinion as a parent is surplus to requirements).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless you mean that there is an absolutely identical (down to the last quark) Thredbo (presumbly occupying the same spacetime but somehow undetectable by us) David, then it (in common with everywhere else) is indeed unique. The dubious part of the phrase is the author's insistence on qualifying "unique". In this he/she is by no means unique, since others have already patented "almost unique", "very unique" etc etc. Wink Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, I wish I'd visited nearby Perisher too, but I was on a flying work-related visit to Thredbo in someone else's motor so it never happened.

Adopting Alan's shrewd thinking, Perisher's uniqueness is almost certainly on a par with Thredbo's, though it has an even more unique (if not exclusive)'Ski Tube' underground railway to access the resort.

Here are David Johnson's photos of the Ski Tube.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stop trying to wind me up David (more unique indeed!) and thanks for your patience with a pedant Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alan Craggs, I'd often wondered how Zurich airport got away with its name. I guess they can't be sued for a false claim. Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy