Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor Academy Soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any experience of these guys based in Andorra (Soldeu to be exact) who run CSIA courses?

I was hoping to get out and do the Level 1 (and hopefully Extended Level 2) before Christmas before I am abducted by the Royal Navy and imprisoned at BRNC. (Okay it's not quite like that, but it does mean that I won't get much slope time after the New Year).

Any help/experiences would be appreciated. (Please no mentions of snow reliability or anything like that - I know the potential risks with snow cover, but as I say, it's the only time I can realistically get away). snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skisimon, sorry cannot help you but I do know the hotel and its excellent !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skisimon, Why do CSIA? Why not do an early BASI course instead, and work towards a qualification you would actually be able to use in Europe? Look at www.basi.org.uk for details of their courses. The services also have their own instructors who are BASI qualified, although it's not so clear about the navy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skisimon, The answer as to which system you want to follow lies in how much you are willing to cough up.

As for using your CSIA in Europe, no problems at all except in France.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skisimon, imprisoned at BRNC? My brother went there and had a blast! I don't think he did any work for the time he was there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, sadly I don't have the time to commit to a BASI course. The ones that NewGen run in the Three Valleys look very good, but alas I couldn't get it in (at least not with the 'work-experience', and not for the forseeable future).

As far as I was aware, the extended Level II was designed specifically to give the necessary qualification time to qualify for Europe (although no-one I spoke to was 100% sure about France), but I'd have thought the Level III would even be sufficient in France (along with the other hoops).

hyweljenkins, 'imprisoned' - I was merely referring to the fact that I couldn't just say 'see ya' and make off for a weeks skiing. Toofy Grin Although guess what my leave whilst at BRNC will mainly be comprised of...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skisimon, I see that you will be slumming it in the Sport Village, poor you wink
May I recommend the fried breakfasts cooked by the chef while you wait.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick L, was at the Sport last Christmas, very nice.

Well, after all of that, I thought, "Sod it! This is likely to be my only chance to ski (other than possibly Easter) this season, so I'll go the whole hog and go and do it in Canada!" So, I'm now putting together 10 nights in Whistler (snow looks good already Madeye-Smiley ). Only problem is, the dates are before the tour operators are running, so I'm doing all the leg work myself. Ah well, needs must! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, Check out this thread: As we move to a European ski Teacher qualification, the current agreement exists between austria, France, Italy and GB. (Why does everyone focus only on france). To be able to work fully qualified in these countries (ISTD) you will need CSIA level IV or PSIA trainer level. I haven't reproduced the list. OK - it's hard and long to get ISTD, but what goes before it is also relevant. Even with CSIA level III, although you might be able to get a job in, say, Austria; you would only be paid as their ISIA which is Landeschilehrer. You could work in France, but only as a stagiare, ditto in Italy. The Swiss might employ you, but if working in Switzerland be warned - you are only EVER an auslander there! Think hard before you start on one path or another as to where you will get to in the end, and where you can go en route.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=117905&highlight=isia#117905
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, thanks for the info. Just looking at this for a week of skiing with something 'extra'/'different' at the moment. In all likelihood, what with joining the RN in January, it'll be at least 12 years before I can even think about instructing (if at all), at which point I'll probably switch over and do something with BASI (or whatever is most appropriate at the time). Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skisimon, In that case it makes sense, you won't end up with anything worthwhile in the way of paper, but you should enjoy yourself. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skisimon wrote:
Has anyone got any experience of these guys based in Andorra (Soldeu to be exact) who run CSIA courses?

I did my First Aid course last year with a couple of guys who'd done CSIA courses with them & they certainly recommended them.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've heard a good few people recommend both these people and the CSIA system. It also seems to me that if you don't want to spend the substantial time/money on BASI trainee or BASI III courses the CSIA I and II respectively represent qualifications of similar standard but with less hoop jumping required before being allowed to submit for assessment. I'm not sure if this applies if intent on ISIA or ISTD qualifications though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy