Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Riding the bike pistes of Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This interesting article from today's Globe and Mail (in Toronto) gives an evocative account of mountainbiking via the lifts and mountain trains of Switzerland.

Sounds superb!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, sounds great-just off to Serre Chevalier with mountain bikes tomorrow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I was in Grindelwald last month I had a go at Trottibiking. This is a scooter with brakes. You get the First gondola up to Bort and then hire a bike. There is a path that is very steep and you go bombing down it, returning the bike to the base station when finished. Great fun!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B, sounds like fun. Found a picture of a trotti bike

Quote:
Magical Trotti Biking – Our Motto – Ride until the dragon hisses and the brakes are on fire!
Trotti bikes have been used for over a hundred years for fun and now they are seeing a revival in popularity. Everyone loves to see the old Trotti Bikes hurtling down the narrow mountain roads to Beatenberg. There are two different and thrilling routes between 6 and 12km long from Vorsass down to Beatenberg.
From the Lake Thun website This one and your Grindewald were the only 2 places google spat out for trottibiking.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
This one and your Grindewald were the only 2 places google spat out for trottibiking.

Read about something called a Diggler recently which sounds very simillar so maybe it goes by different names.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You see a lot of these trotti bikes now, you seem to be able to rent them most places and take them up on the lift.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like fun and I suppose calling them a scooter would be too close to a childhood toy for some. And maybe Lambretta have it trademarked ? But no way are they bikes. No pedals and no saddle. But I must admit trotti bike does have a nice ring to it. That reminds me - no bell either !! I don't 'dig' Diggler. Any better ideas for a name, snowHeads ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kuwait_ian wrote:
That reminds me - no bell either !!

The one I rode did have a bell!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy