Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Historical snow reports (not SCGB)

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of any other websites that show historical snow reports? Not interested in paying to join SCGB unless there's no other choice....

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zippy, you can get some idea from here http://uk.weather.com/activities/recreation/ski/ but the listing of resorts is not too extensive.

Best option is to say where you want and hope that a kindly SCGB member can get the info for you wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks Ray Zorro, I didnt want to go straight to the begging stage - didn't want to start an avalanche snowHead of similar requests!

But if anyone can tell me the historical for Les Arcs in the 1st 2 weeks of March, I'd be very grateful.... Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
igluski has the same data iglu

aj xx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a.j. wrote:
igluski has the same data iglu

aj xx

thanks aj, that's a great help...although the snow level seems to vary wildly so it doesn't really give me any firm indication as to whether March is a good time to go!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
zippy wrote:
Anyone know of any other websites that show historical snow reports? Not interested in paying to join SCGB unless there's no other choice....

thanks

You don't have to join. You can get access by registering with the site, and registration's free. There is some extra info that's only available to members, but resort info and historical snow reports is available freely.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skanky, as registered users we can only see last years depths. You have to log on (be a member) to be able to see the last 13 years.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, blimey, when did they change that?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and now the Ski Club will charge you to watch TV, Laughing Of course they are not a commercial operation , oh no not at all The jolly old ski club good grief what an absurd idea Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
a.j., that's a really useful resource cheers. Gone into Bookmarks.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky, quite a while I think, I would guess that it is at least 18 months Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
and now the Ski Club will charge you to watch TV, Laughing Of course they are not a commercial operation , oh no not at all The jolly old ski club good grief what an absurd idea Laughing

How does that work then? Puzzled [EDIT] ok, I see what this is about now.

I don't see why a club that supplies services to its members at cost and to non-members at a profit should be seen as strange.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
zippy, the average depths since 1993, according to SCGB, is approximately 105/213 cms lower/upper slopes and actually shows it as the time of the most depth out of the whole season. I'd say it's a pretty good time to go Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Early March should be great for snow, but don't forget the first week is still big French holiday week (Paris, from memory, worst of the lot...) The second week would be much nicer.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a look on the historical section of The SCGB for my resort this year, but it's not listed.

Can anyone help???

Kopaonik in Serbia, 21st January.

Puzzled
snow report
no snow in swindon. don't know if its much help, but Kopanik has suffered droughts (literally) from time to time. While the temp at that time of year will be cold enough the problem in the balkans penisula is that the main precipitation (from the adriatic) can expend itself over the dinaric alps and the 2500 metre ranges peaks in Bosnia, Montengero and Albania. Kopanik is on the other side of these with a flatish plain in between. The other weather system, from the east is cold and dry.

That said I think kopanik is well covered with snowmaking nowadays so no worries.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-10-06 11:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I wonder if it's another effect of global warming but has anyone else noticed the immense drop in snow levels between April and November? Every year it ALL goes. Very disturbing.
latest report
killian, Many thanks for that. A very good explaination
snow report
Ray Zorro wrote:
skanky, quite a while I think, I would guess that it is at least 18 months Confused

Ah that's how long since I went skiing so it explains why I hadn't noticed. Oh well, I'm sure the information's out there elsewhere (a lot of paid for information on the internet is). Just a case of digging.
latest report
cathy wrote:
zippy, the average depths since 1993, according to SCGB, is approximately 105/213 cms lower/upper slopes and actually shows it as the time of the most depth out of the whole season. I'd say it's a pretty good time to go Toofy Grin

thanks Cathy, I'm looking at the week of the 10th which according to this nifty website that Bungle showed me, will still have some French half term to contend with but nowhere near as much as the week(s) before...
latest report
zippy wrote:
thanks Ray Zorro, I didnt want to go straight to the begging stage - didn't want to start an avalanche snowHead of similar requests!

But if anyone can tell me the historical for Les Arcs in the 1st 2 weeks of March, I'd be very grateful.... Little Angel

Snow levels all across the Alps consistently exhibit a bell-shaped curve.

Depths are low in Dec, they ramp up in Jan - Feb, they peak in late-Feb to early-Mar, then they ramp back down again through to the end of Apr.

In short, wherever you go in the Alps, the first week of Mar will be at or near the peak of the season. In my opinion, it is the optimum time to go, as it is right near the crossover point between Winter (cold) and Spring (sunny).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy