Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help editor with humorous ski calendar??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am the travel editor for The Associated Press, AP, the news wire service.
I have to put together a humorous ski calendar for U.S. readers.
Looking for your suggestions. What do snowheads do each year of the month?
Fly to Chile in July? Do thigh workouts in August? Shop for new equipment in March? Make the childcare reservations when the phone lines open Labor Day?
Looking for any and everything, plus the serious stuff. In january, you've got your pick of great stuff to do, so what takes priority?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Anybody that wants to be quoted, please include your first and last name and your hometown...
Those who don't want to be quoted, if your suggestions work, I'll probably refer to the folks who post at the Snowboards.com Web site
Thanks again
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bharpaz,
Quote:

Those who don't want to be quoted, if your suggestions work, I'll probably refer to the folks who post at the Snowboards.com Web site

I think it would be more accurate to refer to us as the snowHeads.com website wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bharpaz, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Our own calendar efforts are reaching fruition (see here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=429483#429483 ) As you can see it's pretty much snow all the way through wink

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 24-10-06 16:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow, what beautiful fotos!! And I apologize, I typed snowboards.com and meant to type snowheads.com! So sorry.
I promise I am not usually so careless in print!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bharpaz wrote:
What do snowheads do each year of the month?

While we're on the topic of what you wrote, I know you yankees like to put the month before the day when quoting dates, but when were there years in months? Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bharpaz, can't take much credit for the camerawork myself - nearly all the work of other snowHeads. My technique is "get lucky with conditions" + "fire away indiscriminately"

(For those snowHeads interested I have the digital proofs for the calendars and cards and hope to get the paper proofs by the end of the week)

For me the year goes roughly as follows:
January - SKI-ING
February - Oh dear, not ski-ing again for a couple of months
March - Please snow, don't melt
April - Get some late ski-ing in and maybe pick up gear in the sales
May - End of the Northern hemisphere season - disaster
June - All the snow's gone, what are we going to do now
July - Contemplate selling house to fund trip to the southern hemisphere
August - Light at end of tunnel in sight, start booking for next year
September - Maybe get a snowdome fix
October - First snow falling, much excited bouncing up and down, possible opportunity to squander cash on pre-season gear purchase.
November - Hope to see some more snow falling, get jealous of seasonnaires heading off to the Alps
December - worry intensely about snow conditions in resort of choice.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...let's see - your US readers might consider it humourous that in June, July, August and September we tend to meet up in giant freezers - indoor slopes, and SKI!

http://photos.wtfh.com/album/snowheads/300705/slides/DSC00195.html
http://photos.wtfh.com/album/snowheads/slides/DSC00331.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bharpaz, Hey, perhaps someone can do my job for me as well? Dagnabbit, haven't got one.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy