Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many have you bagged?

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.natives.co.uk/news/2001/0501/03highestlifts.htm

Two for me - Chamonix & Zermatt (I think the lift in question is only open in the summer).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just the one, Zermatt, at that altitude and higher altitude sickness can be a real problem. My heading was thumping in Zermatt on Klein Matterhorn.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just Chamonix.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
4 of the lifts so far:
Breckenridge, Colorado, USA
Copper Mountain, Colorado, USA
Winter Park, Colorado, USA
Keystone, Colorado, USA

I expect to add 2 or maybe 3 to that list by the end of this season.

(I have been to Chamonix, but didn't ski the Aguile)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix
Zermatt
A Basin
Copper M
Keystone
and Breckenridge for me, but the highest point is the Col du Lys at 4200m, not by lift tho'

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 23-10-06 19:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Two for me, Chamonix and Zermatt. Walking round the cable car station in the Aiguille di midi was enough, I was all over the place, how the hell them people then go out onto the precipice with the guide and his crampons I'll never know!!!

Funnily enough, I felt OK at Zermatt, even though it was higher, but I put that down to it not being so steep. Apparently the last bit of the Aiguille di Midi goes up a mile in a mile horizontally Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Charlatanefc,

Its not that bad and everything that comes after it is worth it IMV.. But you are right the worst I suffered was in Breckenridge and sleeping at night at about 9600. I put that down to the jet lag AND altitude. Drinking might have made it worse...!! Laughing

I think its important to do things slowly..and no rush at those heights when you notice the air getting a bit thin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...and drink LOADS of water.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, aye, the do things slowly bit I was warned about b4 we went up there. Unfortunately, I tend to do most things slowly as you saw at the Eosb Wink

Wear The Fox Hat, avec pastis? Little Angel wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only two for me (Chamonix, Keystone) - as I assume the Breckenridge one is the lift that's gone in recently opening up the peak that was previously a hiking peak only. The highest I've skied though is about 4050m (and I earned that properly by hiking up to it rather than being dropped off by a whirlygig NehNeh )
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just chamonix
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
None. I get ill looking out the bedroom window.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
3 Chacaltaya, Zermatt and Chamonix. Got number 1 in September !! It's closed permantly now though, this is all that's left of the slope
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just Zermatt to date, and hopefully Chamonix at the end of January 2007 Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think I've got a fair crack at the lowest - OK it's a dry slope but Google Earth reckons it's at 50feet above sea level.
latest report
I was holding on to the walls at the Aiguille di midi station - took a few photos & came down Shocked

Charlatanefc, Please point out the one in Zermatt before I get on and I'll take a pic from the bottom and go for a beer wink
snow report
2 for me - Chamonix & Zermatt.

Although Cham was in the summer. I didnt have a prob with Zermatt - possibly acclimatized over the week, but was very short of breath at the top of the Aigulle du Midi. THe stairs that hang out of the side of the lift station which you can see DOWN through the gratings scare me!
ski holidays
Breck
Loveland
(hopefully this January) Aspen/Snowmass
A Basin
Copper
Winter Park
Keystone

Note: Since when is Breck not a "major international destination resort"? If it is, then Zermatt loses the designation for "Highest lift of a major international destination resort".
ski holidays
Breck
Loveland
Monarch
Copper
WP
Keystone

embarassingly enough, never, ever, skied at A-basin. Embarassed
ski holidays
comprex, visiting this year? I'll take you there...
snow report
That would be a treat, for sure, ssh. Vy uncertain at this point.
snow conditions
Just the Zermatt one for me Sad
ski holidays
Jerry, you'll be lucky to get me on a drag, except at Cas, so I'll probs join yer Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy