Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A tip for you all regarding flights.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a little bit of advice for you all, before you book your flights with the low-costs, i.e Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet2 etc, please just double check the other airlines such as B.A, BMI, Swiss etc as there fares are coming down greatly plus you don't pay for Skis, boots, 2 bags in the hold etc, you can also check-in online and usually get a free meal/drink.

For example I just booked London-Copenhagen with B.A for £52 inc taxes rtn. Easyjet was £88 & London-Geneva rtn with B.A £57.60. Easyjet was £98+ checked in baggage.

I know it's not always the case but its worth a try.

Blush Little Angel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 22-10-06 9:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Greig, thanks Greg, but us lot 'Oop North' don;t have direct flights unless it is with EJ etc. It isn't worth the inconvenience of hours spent in Heathrow or Gatwick. OK for the soft southerners though.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Greig, Good advice. I think more folks are following your thinking these days.

Me, I'll stick to Yorkshire Airways
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, I've heard GeordieAir is good too. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Up, Up and Ha'way, man!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, or lardyjet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another advantage of BA is being able to book ahead for the whole of the season, rather than for the arbitrary period for which easyJet flights are available. I just booked eight returns for Easter time, around £87 return (travelling at civilised times, but avoiding weekends). Easyjet might eventually come up with better midweek prices but it means hovering over their website (as their supposed early warning emails never reach me till flights have been on sale for several days) and postponing the planning of a rather complicated trip, with people from three, or possibly four continents. Heathrow is also a much easier airport to use as those concerned are travelling after a family wedding in Oxfordshire. However, I am an easyJet fan and find the possibility of changing flights, or turning up at the wrong time and still getting on a plane, a big selling factor, considering BA's total inflexibility. When I booked the Easter flights, for £87, I was invited to pay an extra £493 for flexibility! EasyJet charge £15 per change, and you can do it online. No contest. But it certainly pays to keep an open mind.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm another BA user, for the reasons that Greig and pam w state. It helps that Heathrow is my closest airport, but that aside the difference between BA and easyjet prices is not that large if you plan ahead with. In previous years I've found the gap between easy and BA was much larger and flew with easy more often than not; last year I flew mostly with BA and just once with easy; for this season I've booked all my flights with BA and none with easy. BA really seem to be stepping up to the plate to compete with the low cost carriers.

pam w, on the flexibility point, easyjet charge a £15 administration fee for changing you flights, but that isn't all you are likely to pay of you do need to make a change - they will also charge whatever is the difference in flight price between your original ticket and the one you want to change to. Depending on dates and times, this additional cost could be well in excess of £100 per leg of the flight, especially if your original ticket was really cheap and you are having to make last minute changes to your flight times. The fully flexible ticket with BA is just that - change your flight details with no penalty, via their website. No matter who you travel with, changing flights can be an expensive business - best to make firm travel plans if you possibly can.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar wrote:
pam w, on the flexibility point, easyjet charge a £15 administration fee for changing you flights...

And that charge is per segment - so it's £30 to change a return - plus any difference in prices. I had to change some flights for my parents recently and it was cheaper to bin the tickets and re-book. Madness.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A top tip for anyone looking for a last minute trip to Geneva from London is to look at Swiss via Zurich (not direct). You can often pick up a return for around £100 1-2 weeks out.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PhillipStanton, what's the travel time on that option? I've flown Swiss from Geneva to London City before for a very reasonable price, but I'm not sure if that route still operates.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy