Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fall Line's Ski of 2007...

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used it? It's the Scott Mission and apart from graphics, it's unchanged from last year so I guess someone must have...

I didn't see it at the Val T test but tried the Aztec Pros and glad to see they made the Fall Line honours list Very Happy

I's refreshing not to see the B2 mentioned anywhere (apart from the W version) Toofy Grin

Another one to add to my list for PSB testing Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sharkymark, i havent tried the Scott Mission (or any Scott skis for that matter) so am also looking forward to giving them a go at the PSB Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a load of old codswallop this ski testing lark is. One skier's Ski Of The Year is another's also ran. There are just so many variables that it's plain daft to herald any particular skis over most others - anyone who goes out to buy this ski purely on this result is mad... and there will be some. There are virtually no turkeys out there and, as long as you select the right beast for your individual needs, then there's no excuse not to have just the best time. In fact, even if you get the choice a bit wrong, you'll still have few complaints. Basically, the capability of the equipment far exceeds most people's skill set. I've stopped trying everthing on the rack these days as they all perform fantastically well.

Do Scotts still pop out of the Blizzard factory? If so, you can bet your ear muffs there's an almost identical Blizzard out there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just wondered...

Heard it all before rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a good thing we've got these ski industry insiders to keep us punters on the straight and narrow...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, yeah, I was worried that I'd overstepped the mark for a minute but I'm glad I've been guided safely back to thick ice wink If only I knew what the difference between one pair of skis and another was, then I'd be stoked Cool

Looks like I'll be "testing" lots of Blizzards then Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, Perhaps you'd actually like to buy a copy of Fall Line and read their ski tests (which is almost every pair of skis on the market BTW), and note who the testers were, and how many of them etc....... before you sound off.

Sharkymark, Achilles was very taken by the Mission - I want to try them, but they're always too long .. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I quite like the Scott Santigo Mission - I tried it first at the EoSB and twice in Castleford - I may even buy a pair because it was pleasent to use on piste and is wider than the Ledgend8000 which supported me well in the off-piste.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, They had a ladies pair at castleford which was shorter but I didnt try it (and I could be wrong, the build may be entirely different and you dont want a ladies ski anyway ?). snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller,

Though I agree that buying a ski purely on the back of a test result is a bit much but the magazine ski tests give people a bit of insight as to what skis might suit them. At least these days people have a wide range of choice.

Its not do long back that your choice was - "well this is a GS ski, this is an SL, this is a detuned GS ski, this is the soft beginner ski" and if you were lucky "here's a ski that is the same as one of the above but with a silly weight on it /hole in the tip".
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, the Rosa (the female version) is on my list to test at the PSB (don't tell Mr Eng Wink ). I'd be suprised if they only brought that in a 178 (assuming they bring it at all).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, You can say that about any magazine review. Car of the Year, tour operator of the year, PC of the year etc.
I agree that any car will get me from A to B but I drive a 1.4 diesel fiesta.
Why? because it suits me and would not suit Jeremy Clarkson, but I still see what the top gear car of the year is.

Does this make sense?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick_C, I would quite happily buy any ski that Jezzer Clarko "recommended"; what a legend Cool Laughing

I'd like to think that most of you have interpreted my post as "here's a ski that's worth trying (not necessarily buying) so why not...and BTW has anyone else had a go?"

Why didn't I write that in the first place? Beer is probably the best answer I can give at this juncture... wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh cr*p, maybe Bode Swiller's dedicated his life to the development of the B2? Just a (tongue in cheek of course wink ) thought... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Morning all. Where to start? Firstly, easiski I'm looking at the November issue of Fall Line as I write so assume I have bought it and read it... probably the best single issue of any magazine this year so far but I was amused to see that Ski Of The Year appears to perform best whilst in the air - my 1982 Veilhabers feel just about the same in mid air actually. Nick_C, it's nowhere near the same as, say, a car review or anything else mechanical... how the ski performs is down to the individual tester and loads of variables come into play... whereas a car has most parameters the same for each tester. Sharkymark, I didn't say you shouldn't try it...
ski holidays
Anyone know how much stiffer the Mission is than the Rosa? I'm told they're the same dimensions/construction and just a little softer?
ski holidays
Sharkymark,

I'ver only heard good things about it and I'll want to try it. I know the graphics are new and I thought the ski was as well. They've changed the name from Santiago Mission so I'd have thought they meant it was a new ski. I might be wrong but we can ask them next week...!!! Laughing
snow report
Bode Swiller, fair enough Little Angel

JT, I've not skied anything that fat; the closest I've got is the Head M82 and I didn't really get on with it too well (but that has a much longer turn radius). The graphics rock (no reason to buy them though wink ) Very Happy
latest report
slikedges, Rosa is identical to the Mission, sweet spot being moved forward 18mm is the only difference. These skis rock, one of the most fun and easy skis to turn on the market> Toofy Grin
latest report
So the Scott stand next week will be overwhelmed by snowHead s?! Twisted Evil
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, and really cool graphics Very Happy
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I skied the Rosa in MK (as they didn't have the Mission in a short enough length for me) and really liked them. How much do the Missions go for in Cham?
snow report
Ah - just a quick correction: Scott skis are made by Fischer - Scott supply their own moulds and materials so shouldn't be similar to any of the Fischer range. I think Blizzards are made in Slovakia but don't know much about them.
latest report
fallliner, thanks for that. Interesting...
snow report
I have just had a look at 'Fall Line'. I think the Scott Mission sounds a bit wide for me anyway. I did not get on with the Public Enemy, which is a similar width. I did like the Volkls which came second. The AC4 was very nice. 'Fall Line' reviews on jackets and socks, with marks out of ten were also very good. 'Ski and Board' please copy.

I left an opened copy on the racks in Holborn WH Smiths. If you go in there can you please open a 'Today's Golfer' or 'Dive' magazine for me..
latest report
Latchigo, the Mission skied a lot narrower than it's dimensions would suggest: like a wider version of the Aztec Pro really Very Happy I really liked the Public Enemies and found them surprisingly good on the icy surface and were confidence building on the jumps (as you would expect wink ). Didn't try the AC4s (but wish I had), however the AC3s were superb.
ski holidays
I saw the new Scott range(2007/0Cool yesturday, beatiful graphics, a new Twin tip Mission and a new all mountain 83mm. They really look great!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 18-11-06 12:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, So if I want Missions it'll have to be this year's then to avoid the TT???
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, No, the mission will still be there, as will the ROSA(the ladies ski with an adjustment at core flex center). There will just ba a mission with a full-on twin tip.
latest report
That's funny SMALLZOOKEEPER, when I skied the Mission at PSB I thought they were twins until I took them off and noticed they weren't Confused
Do u know if there's anything different about the twin other than a curly back bit?
(oh and do u mean 07/08 range?)
latest report
admin, Yes the 07/08 range. No there is no difference other than the "CURLY BACK BIT"
What's great is that they are so happy with their range. Their position in the market is way stonger than they had hoped and they have product that works well, therefore the're happy not to play too much with it.
Hats of to Fischer, eh?
snow report
Got to say having tried a load of skis at Eosb and Castleford I don't think all skis are born anything like equal. I'd sort of heard and taken in the 'all skis are good these days' line but found a big difference when trying them. There were some I found suited me straight away and there were others I could wait to give back. Yet another guy hated one of the skis I liked. If a bunch of dedicated skiers think a ski is good for a particular type of skiing and describe is characteristics, it's at least a starting point.

And I know they get derided for being the Golf GTi of skis but at the Eosb I preferred the B2s. At Castleford I preferred the Atomic skier cross ones. The orange ones (oh no, I've turned in to a girl).
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, But you know I hate the curly bits at the back! Sad Skullie
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, would the 83mm all mountain ski be a replacement/upgrade to the Aztec Pro?
snow conditions
Sharkymark, The Aztec will stay there, but as to wether it's all-mountain. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy