Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon and Chill Factor sign partnership

Poster: A snowHead
Chill Factor, the North West of England’s first indoor real snow Alpine village, has signed a partnership agreement with Salomon. The deal includes the supply of all ski and snowboard rental equipment, hosting of events and promotions, and Salomon-sponsored team riders. Also, the ski village will have a Salomon Test Centre, where Chill Factor customers will be able to try out the latest technology and equipment before it hits the shops.
...The indoor ski village, which is set to open in October 07, will cost about £31m to build. It is to be located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and will have a 180m ski slope, as well as a rock-climbing wall, toboggan run, children's snow play area with igloos, skateboard park, and shops, bars and restaurants.

For more: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/s/225/225751_snow_doubt_its_a_cool_concept.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats well cool. about 5minutes from my house!!life long member wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stillnot bothered with a snowdome as I'm not sure how much they're worth the cost and there isn't any that near to me, however, I'll probably give this one a go as it's significantly closer to home. Not sure why it needs a climbing wall as there are plenty near by that will undoubtedly be better than what could be provided by a multi-use centre. OTOH if they had an ice wall Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liam wrote:
Thats well cool. about 5minutes from my house!!life long member wink

Welcome to snowHead Liam, can we expect regular progress reports on the building? Laughing
Will you be taking bookings for Chalet Liam?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Liam, 5 minutes from me too, and the building is in progress!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, I think it does have an ice wall. Looking at the artists impressions, they could have an external climbing wall over 30m tall, but I don't think they've got that in the design.

ETA for opening is October 2007.

It's only about 10 minutes from where I live, but congestion on the approach to the Trafford centre will probably double that.

Estimated costs: Adults £20/90mins, kids £12

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 31-10-06 13:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tomsk, excellent news, I might move in when it's finished.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tomsk, have you seen a map of the layout?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
their website - www.chillfactore.com

One of the companies that has part of the construction contract (insulated walls) has done some work for us. I'll try and contact them to see if they'll leak some more info. wink

BTW Someone wants to build a 450m indoor slope in Sheffield! Shocked Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There have been so many near misses with snowdomes in the Manchester area that I thought I'd go and take a look and make sure building has actually started. Went in mid-october and it looked like the first foundations had gone down. There is indeed a sign on the site entrance saying 'Chillfactor'. Went again two days ago (Nov 6) and they were putting in what looked like the foundations for the actual slope, twenty metre high metal poles with another pair slightly longer about twenty metres away which would make the top of the slope just short of the M60.

Will try and keep you updated with monthly bulletins.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Will Callder, cheers for that update and welcome to snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Will Callder, We’ve been doing the same, when we visit Asda, makes the dreaded shop worth while, have to pinch ourselves to see if it's really happening – I have visions of there being a building-site fan club, hovering around the boarding’s, muttering “when will it be finished?...” Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I have visions of there being a building-site fan club, hovering around the boarding’s, muttering “when will it be finished?...”

If somebody set up a butty wagon I'd be there all the time. Well, every time I went to Costo anyway. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will Callder, you can always fill up on the free sample goods at Costco! But perhaps the butty van could be my next business venture!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

perhaps the butty van could be my next business venture!!!

Go for it. Put me down for a chip barmcake and a cuppa.

I wonder if McAlpine (?) would consider putting up a webcam. At the slope I mean, not the butty wagon. Very Happy
ski holidays
Just heard from a member of the development team that a webcam will be running soon
snow conditions
Don't know why but I read this title as Salmon & Chilli partnership. Sounds tasty!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy