Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Independent supplement: Snow Traveller (15/10/06)

Poster: A snowHead
Independent had a pretty good supplement today... Snow Traveller.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller, I split this off as a seperate topic! I've been looking at the "Observer today" thread all week thinking "That's just not right" wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hoppo, looks like it had a readership of...... 1
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Didn't realise the Indy was printed on Sunday or is it only sold in some area's Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Independent ski supplement was with the paper on Saturday and it was good however I thought the ski supplement with the telegraph also on saturday was even better! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, there always used to be an "Independent on Sunday"...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was something about Family skiing in the Times on Saturday, but it was a wee bit boring I thought.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's an Independent every day. Certainly was one today, which I haven't opened yet...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any of this online?

I missed it today...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I assume it's this?

http://travel.independent.co.uk/skiing/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roga, 6 articles from the independent stuff is online - but don't bother, this is the only worthwhile thing reading.

The times doesnt look hugely better. Are they really touting japan as a place to go?

Interesting how sometimes mainstream ski journalism seems to look like "Ok - we have received enough press releases and freebies - lets knock-up a "Wintersports special" before lunch..."
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoatsbrother wrote:
roga, 6 articles from the independent stuff is online - but don't bother, this is the only worthwhile thing reading.

I thought the article on lift pass prices was pretty informative for anybody with kids?

Who would have thought Switzerland would have generally represented the best lift pass value for kids ....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Japanese stuff is particularly shameful - I suspect every magazine & newspaper will be featuring it as Crystal & Inghams have just started ops there. Funny it didn't seem to ever merit coverage before wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
agavin, Going to JH in february, and pre-paying through Ski Independence, both our kids will be free. Difficult to see better value than that, so I think the perspective of the article was pretty limited.

fatbob, strange that... and one of the times articles appeared to be based on a crystal freebie... I could be wrong.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maybe the Japanese article was in the times, which I didn't get, I didn't see that and have no interest in going to Japan to ski! and yes it will be in conjunction with the tour operators Sad

The only article I had in the Independent was a Dolomites pull out which I found interesting for someone who has never skied in Italy before, maybe the other supplement was missing for me but from what you are saying I didn't miss much.

I still thought the extended Austria section in the telegraph was a good read.
snow conditions
Thanks for the links folks.

I found some of the articles quite interesting, particularly the child/family focused ones, but I guess they'd be a bit boring if you didn't have kids Wink
snow conditions
Having spoken to a few ski journalists it's clear that they come under a lot of pressure from their Editors to come up with destinations that are "exciting and different" rather than where we all want to (and can afford to) go. The Telegraph Top 40 was a good summary - although I am biased as my firm was in it! The guys from timesonline have told me that they plan to do more "real world" trips and guides that may not necessarily appear in print.
ski holidays
One of the Times articles was co-written by someone with the name of Rupert Mellor. The first name triggered reverse snobbery on my part. The surname reminded me of a dodgy ex-Tory minister. Nothing much of interest in the article itself.
snow report
There were 2 pages of ski articles in The London Paper this eve - and I'm sure one of the articles was written by Rupert Mellor. The main features were an article on Alps v N America and an article on those who have given up the 9-5 to 'live their dream'
latest report
cathy wrote:
There were 2 pages of ski articles in The London Paper this eve - and I'm sure one of the articles was written by Rupert Mellor. The main features were an article on Alps v N America and an article on those who have given up the 9-5 to 'live their dream'

Oh no he was not the one who posted on Snowheads looking for stories was he ?

If yes, I take it all back. He sounds like a smashing bloke.

However, the only names my copy of the London paper are Gillian Thomas and Hannah Westley.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy