Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed (as ever). Weekend in early March, flights to Lyon. Where to go?!

Poster: A snowHead
Well, the missus has finally wised up to the fact that a weekend skiing, away from the kids, with your friends, is a good idea, and that I shouldn't be the only one to enjoy such a trip. So, whilst I am left holding the baby, she's jetting off to Lyon in early March. Any advice on where to go much appreciated. It'll be three women, piste cruisers all, arriving on a Friday and leaving Monday. What's the best approach for accommodation? Hotel? Apartment? Will they even find any...?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rainman, There are some really nice shops in Lyon. So she doesn't need to go too far...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, not sure that'll wash with her. Might prove to be cheaper in the long run, however. You could be on to something...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PM sent....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rainman, I've skied several accessible resorts from there, and would look at Puy St Vincent. Or Alpe d'Huez.

But one area I've not skied - Serre Chevalier - could be the best of the lot. I think they'd particularly enjoy the skiing there, from all the reports I've seen.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guvnor, much appreciated, and looks ideal. I'll investigate further.

David Goldsmith, Alpe D'Huez is one I'd thought about, although I've only stayed in Oz, previously.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How early in March? The first week is still peak French school hols.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rainman, If it's not in the middle of the Vacances Scolaire (finish 10 March), then LDA and they could stay with the lovely Cathy in the Hotel Les Lutins B & B, very good value, smack bang in the centre of town and about 50m from all the big lifts. I assume they'll be renting a car, in which case the transfer will be about 2 hours, possibly slightly longer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne? Hotel.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rainman, there's a lovely apartment in Serre Chevalier, with pool and spa, only 200m from the slopes Great skiing, great chilling. It's French school holidays until 10th March though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rainman, the essence here is that you don't want her to enjoy it or she'll be doing it again next year etc. Why not suggest she hires a car and drives to Austria wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, that's the problem. Friday 2nd to Monday 5th. Is it going to be a big problem getting anyone to give over a hotel room on a nightly basis on those dates? Hadn't checked vacances dates, to be honest.

Ray Zorro, looks like you might be right!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, will any LDA hotels do a weekend if it's still during French holidays?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apologies for confusing post, now deleted, that should have been elsewhere. Shouldn't post in two threads at once.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rainman, those dates will be far more difficult, and the slopes much more civilized the next weekend. Is it easyjet? You can change their flights for a fee.
ski holidays
pam w, nice idea, in therory. But I have bagsied the following weekend for me and the boys!
snow conditions
rainman, my apartment is available for weekends from the start of March, if your wife doesn't find what she wants, PM me.
ski holidays
We stayed at Les Grandes Rousses at Alpe d'huez last year as it was the only hotel we could find there that would do bookings by the day in school holidays. Very nice but not cheap!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy