Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The man who walked on the moon before he skied

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's Buzz Aldrin, second man to step on the moon in 1969, who didn't take up skiing until he was 50.

He talks about his ski experiences in today's Independent: click here.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buzz is a very interesting character. I'd recommend reading the book "Moondust" by Andrew Smith for a lot more on what happened to the men after they were up there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That Buzz Aldrin, always talking about the moon - but just when was the last time he walked on it? Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I met him at a conference in the US several years ago. Seemed like a really nice guy, and it was quite amazing to talk to somebody who walked on the Moon. Didn't know he was a skier - clearly a man of good taste, even if he's had more than his share of personal problems since returning from his great adventure.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Buzz is a very interesting character. I'd recommend reading the book "Moondust" by Andrew Smith for a lot more on what happened to the men after they were up there.

Seconded, a very interesting book. How do you carry on after the ultimate of walking on the moon.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick_C wrote:
How do you carry on after the ultimate of walking on the moon.

Quite a few of them seemed to have trouble 'coming back down'.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rob, must have been thrilling to meet Buzz Aldrin. I believe he's one of only 9 surviving Apollo astronauts who walked on the moon.

Another is Alan Bean, who was in London recently. I stupidly missed his lecture, but here's a thread on it, from collectspace.com. Scroll down for photos and reports:

http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum23/HTML/001955.html
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, it was. I also met Dave Scott at the Royal Society a couple of years ago. I didn't know that Alan Bean was talking in London - shame, would have liked to attend the lecture.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just read "The Right Stuff" by Tom Wolfe, on the Mercury astronauts. Enjoyed it immensely.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy