Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arapahoe Basin opens on October Friday the 13th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would you go skiing, or would your superstition keep you away? Well it was a lucky day for Arapahoe Basin ski resort in Colarado, anyway. They've won the race to be the first US resort to open in the 2006-7 season....The Basin beat reigning opening day champion Loveland Ski Area by just one day. And, it's the resort’s earliest opening in its history.

If I lived closer, I'd go just because my stoke is up so High I gotta ski! snowHead

For more info: http://www.arapahoebasin.com/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd go. What's a 'stoke', BTW?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I forget sometimes that there are a lot of different "slangs" out there to be understood. Sorry

Stoke as in "stoke the fire". When the embers die down and you stir them up to get more heat out of them
Stoke, as in "I'm stoked to hit the slopes"!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. Not too many ski hills in Michigan, I imagine.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of ski hills in Michigan. In fact, I think it was the number one, now #2 or #3.
Here is a post in a thread from last year on Epic that listed a ton of ski resorts.

http://forums.epicski.com/showpost.php?p=294587&postcount=34

Most of our lower penninsula slopes are under 500 vertical, but some of the resorts, in the Upper Penninsula are fairly significant.
The mountains are really Colorado, Tahoe, Idaho, Vermont, etc...........
At any rate, its enough to get me excited about skiing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
speaking of slang, that's 500 FEET of vertical, not metres. (or inches, if you're comparing it to Milton Keynes)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, I am very lax at remembering the european/us difference. Thanks for correcting me. Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowHot, I think we're all pretty lax when it comes to non-native English speakers - but I like our idioms, however much they confound others! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
laundryman, another thing I must remember is the difference between F and C when describing the need for thermal underwear
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When ssh first mentioned A - basin I thought it was a particularly unimaginative piece of naming Embarassed

SnowHot, is this a general underwear description scheme: "I'd like some underwear which will make me look 45C" or "I'd like some underwear suitable for -14C" Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoppo, let me see, first A Basin, Arapahoe Basin. And as for my thermal underwear, I am most concerned with the Temperature at which I need to don such a garment. wink Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The US midwest mints some of the most dedicated skiers you'll ever meet. Many move to more alpine parts of the country, but some, like SnowHot, stay put and just keep skiing. When the hills are so short, one learns to turn. A lot. Otherwise, it's just too boring.

(I learned to ski at Nubs Nob in northern lower Michigan, and raced at Mt. Holly in southern Michigan.)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
this maybe a silly question but is Arapaho basin run by the native americans? Is it even in Arapaho country?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, no, it's not, and never has been run by Native Americans. The Arapahoe Indians, however, lived in this region before they were driven out. There are many things named after them and their various famous chiefs. I live near Niwot, named for Chief Niwot, one of the last chiefs that I know about. So, A is in Arapahoe country, but not Arapahoe County, which is near Denver. Hope this helps...

For more details on A Basin, visit http://www.arapahoebasin.com/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy