Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Campervan in Val D'isere for season!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

I know this topic has been covered before but I was hoping for a little additional information on Val Disere if anyone knows!

We (two of us) are hoping to spend the season in Val D'isere (la Daille) in a large campervan (28ft) its winterised and we are not too concerned about being cold! We have a generator etc and we know can use the showers in the swimming pool free of charge with our lift pass...

My question though, has anyone ever stayed in Val long term in van? Will we get moved on parking in La Daille? We dont want to get moved on as would like to stay there for most of the season.

We worked for a ski company as Chalet Hosts last season in Val and I remember seeing lots of vans, but not sure if any stayed the season.....didnt think to ask at the time as we werent planning this trip at that stage!!

Any info on 'Val in a Van' much appreciated!

Thanks in advance snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could always ring the tourist office/Mairie and ask - www.pagesjaunes.fr
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks thats a great idea!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kara D wrote:

My question though, has anyone ever stayed in Val long term in van? Will we get moved on parking in La Daille? We dont want to get moved on as would like to stay there for most of the season.

That's where most French season workers live!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you have a campervan, why spend the whole season in just one resort? Surely the point of a campervan is that you can take your home around with you to different places, rather than being stuck in just one Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Caspar, you then have to fork out for lift passes in all sorts of resorts, which ends up being expensive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, I know - cost me a fortune when I toured for a season Shocked
But such a shame to waste the facility of a fully-winterised mobile home
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Caspar wrote:
If you have a campervan, why spend the whole season in just one resort? Surely the point of a campervan is that you can take your home around with you to different places, rather than being stuck in just one Puzzled
La Rosiere has a nice campsite Very Happy http://campinglaforet.free.fr/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Caspar, answer would be to pick an area where you can ski several resorts on one pass - eg Grande Galaxie in Isere/Hautes Alpes. Buy the pass for your favourite resort and travel to the others whenever.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, True enough. I must admit that when I did it, I wanted to visit particular resorts in 4 different countries, so I kind of made a rod for my own back. It is fun to keep moving on tho (wallet permitting) snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had the Espace Olympique pass, gave us full Paradiski as well as Val D, Tignes, St Foy, Pralognan, 3 Vs etc
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee, we tried using that so-called reciprocal arrangement last season and found that whether or not it worked depended very much on who was manning the ticket window. Some of them were quite happy with it, others gave a discounted ticket, and yet others told us to bog off. The lift office in Val d'Isere denied its existance completely.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, I hope you're not classing a certain resort as etc. Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, I used my Espace Olympic pass (came with my Paradiski seasonpass) in Val d'Isere and Val Thorens without any problems. I also got a decent discount on day passes at La Rosiere by showing my Paradiski pass.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the info, I have never heard of the Espace Olympic pass before.....sounds ideal, any idea how much it costs for the season or website with info?

....any tips on what essential items to take in the Van? hints and tips?? We have travelled Europe, New Zealand and Australia in a small van (transporter) and it has always been reasonably warm weather so this larger camper will be like luxury to us, want to make the absolute most of the space and not forget anything!

Very Happy
ski holidays
Kara D, neither has Val d'Isere's lift company, or so they claimed to me!
ski holidays
Kara D wrote:
Thanks for the info, I have never heard of the Espace Olympic pass before

Some info here. If you buy a minimum 6-day pass for Paradiski (Les Arcs & La Plagne) you also get a free day's skiing in Espace Killy, 3 Vallees, Les Saises and Prolognan. I think this also applies if you buy your lift passes in those other resorts. I had a season pass to Paradiski last year and got two days in each of the other resorts. The Espace Olympic Savoie comes as a separate ticket which is then punched when you take it to a lift pass office in one of the other resorts.
latest report
I had a season pass for Espace Killy last season and I was under the impression (printed on the back of lift pass!!) that we got a free day in the 3 valleys and various other resorts. After a bit of a drive on our day off, the lift pass office in Meribel would not accept this and had no idea what we were on about and charged us full price!

This seems to be a bit of a grey area eh.

Perhaps will try my luck with Val D office..... they not the friendliest bunch tho
snow report
Kara D wrote:
I had a season pass for Espace Killy last season and I was under the impression (printed on the back of lift pass!!) that we got a free day in the 3 valleys and various other resorts. After a bit of a drive on our day off, the lift pass office in Meribel would not accept this and had no idea what we were on about and charged us full price!

Did you take your little Espace Olympic pass with you?
latest report
Last time in La PLagne ( first season of Paradiski) we took our pass to Le Praz, handed it in, and got a day pass for 3V. Hubby also used his at VDI, but a few seasons before.
ski holidays
2005/06 full (ie not discounted worker's) Espace Killy season pass allowed two days in 3v & two in Paradiski. No problems getting the day passes.
ski holidays
Oh, and about the campervan - try asking on Natives.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy