Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kopaonik - Serbia

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Has anybody out there been to Kop or know of anybody who has been, we've booked to go in January but I have only been able to find limited info on the net so would be grateful for some first hand comments/advice.

Nice 1 cheers Razz
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Cafu,

You've come to the right place. There are many threads on here for Kop.

Were also going out in January (21st) staying at Club A. Cant wait

Here are some of the threads....
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11619

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=424484&highlight=kopaonik#424484

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=410068&highlight=kopaonik#410068

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=323449

There's also the resorts official site at....
http://www.kopaonik.net/eng/_html/home.html

Not forgetting Stev's fantastic photos of seasons gone by......
http://ept.kg.ac.yu/kopaonik/

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great stuff No snow in Swindon, thanks for all that, we're also staying in Club A but are going on 14th Jan. I'm still deciding whether to take my own skis or risk the local hire gear?

Thanks again Razz
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Im taking my own. not sure what the standard of equipment will be out there, although as its my sons first skiing trip he will be hireing his there. Although Crystal are charging a whopping £73 per person for skis, boots and poles!!! He's on a learn to ski package that brings the price down slightly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Although Crystal are charging a whopping £73 per person for skis, boots and poles!!!

If they're decent quality, I wouldn't call that "whopping".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Equipment was fine when I was there - we wnt independently a few years back just before the UK operators started going again. Think I read somehwere on here that it was cheaper to hire in resort rather than through the tour operators.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kopaonik was on the Holiday programme a few months ago.

You can view it here.....

http://www.tckopaonik.com/winter-videos/kopaonik-on-youtube-2.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snow forecast for 10 days swindon Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
-JC-, Excellent.

Where did you get that forecast?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:YIXX0024

from 22 too - 4.... winner
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lovely!!! Cheers for that

All i need now is a webcam to look at 24/7!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,

Has anyone any experience with connecting flights from Manchester to Gatwick ? is this something that the travel companies would offer ? living near to Manchester Airport have always been lucky enough to have direct flights in the past, have read through the previous posts but can't see any comments on lift queues (we would be going late Jan ), don't mind a bit of a wait but not borovets style queues for example, on the subject were kind of wanting to avoid the whole blackpool on ice scene " to a point " but do like a few pints after a days sking/boarding.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think late jan could still be a serbian national holiday... which means big queues as kopaonik is serbias biggest ski resort.

however from what I've the queues tend to be for the new lifts... so if you take the old lifts you should be fine... at least I hope Wink

I'm getting a connection from newcastle for £25 (1 way) to gatwick... most companies will offer you the option, but its often cheaper to do it yourself (or at least have them match the price)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm taking my family (wife, 10-yr-old son, 6-yr-old daughter) to Kop for their first skiing holiday in January 07. Does anyone have any tips for families/kids, e.g. places to eat, where to find the best easy runs, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andy, most of the runs accessable from the main part of the resort are easy. the slope by hotel grand is called "karaman greban" and its very popular (so its quite busy). theres a lot of blues coming off the highest peak (accessable from the lift just down the slope from karaman greban), but i wouldnt say its as easy. there can be a lot of wind, and theres usually some moguls to contend with when you hit the treelined slopes at the bottom. ive found quite a few people struggling on parts of that run - even though its a blue i wouldnt recommend it for absolute beginners. last year me and my friends had an amazing amount of fun playing around the trees, following the lift path and generally hitting the powder down there.

the night slope isnt worth talking about, its steep, wide and boring. not worth the extra cost for the night lift pass.

theres a good ice skating rink around the back of the konaci apartments built on the tennis/basketball courts. its open in the evenings.

at the top of karaman greban, theres a hut (just off the piste in the direction of the highest peak. its a lovely place to have a snack, their mulled wine is excellent. about halfway down karaman is a really nice restaurant, although it can be hard to get service there, sometimes you have to be a bit pushy to get a menu.
ski holidays
Thanks mate, that's useful advice.
snow report
oh yeah, forgot about the baby learning slope. its got a button lift, and for the very very new - at the top of the button lift, keep walking and on the right hand side is a gentle slope - about 20 meters long - with a rope on a spindle, so you can grab on and get dragged up. theres a lifty there, who'll check your pass (they are all RFID now), but its useful if you want to practise without the queues or the horrors of a button lift.

the slope is called machina, and its to the right of karaman greban. follow the signs to "nebaska stolica". (head to the karaman lift, follow the path that goes past it and take a left at the top).

my favorite route around the mountain for several years involved taking the chair to the top of karaman greban, taking a right at the top, following the slope for 20 meters or so, then heading left down a narrow long path - with some nice drops, that leads down to a long decent red run. instead of hitting the red, if you take a left - you end up at the top of the baby slope. before you reach the button lift you have a nice long wide curving hill, and its great to practise technique.

theres a lot of links between the slopes, which means if you know your way around you can avoid a lot of the bottlenecks and busiest slopes.
latest report
Thanks again. Do you know if there is any mobile (GSM) coverage in the resort and on the slopes?
snow conditions
yep, tons of mobile coverage, havent found a blackspot yet. couple of decent serbia mobile networks (mobtel and serbia telekom), vodafone has a contract with mobtel. calls can get expensive so we used to stick to text messages for communication.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy