Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OOerr Dilemma !!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow SNOWHEADS,

Have a bit of a dilemma?!? Skiing in Austria - Obergurgl for one week from 20th December 2006 staying at the Hotel Crystal, Half Board for £569 plus I think about £130 for lift pass for 5 days!!

OR

Banff Canada, departing 13th December 2006 until 27th December for 14 nights staying at the Bow River View, Room only for £650 plus I think about £300 for 10 day lift pass, so have to supply all own food etc.

Oooerrr , spend a little bit more and go to Banff or just be happy with 5 days skiing in one week in obergurgl.

I AM going mad !!! Is there ANY way you can get lift tickets in Banff area for cheaper?? What about only if you ask to ski just the sunshine village area??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Puzzled snowHead Puzzled snowHead Puzzled snowHead Puzzled snowHead Embarassed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll get better snow in Banff than Obergurgl (generally speaking)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No dilemma, Banff.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mobsta007, you can get a pass for Sunshine only and pay daily if you go to LL (or Mt Norquay). It might be cheaper to do that if you know you only want to go to LL for a certain (small) number of days. The shuttle bus isn't on the single area pass, not even to that area.

My info may be out of date, BTW, but it seems to be right from a look at a couple of obvious web sites.

PS I'd go for Banff if you can afford it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mobsta007, who you going banff with?

If it's ski Independence it's worth checking with them for the pass (or with which operator you traveling with) as it's stated that it's cheaper that way than buying in resort.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can buy the lift pass from Ski Independence even if you're not booked with them and I think they do good deals on them. Worth checking.

Oh, and of course, Banff!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you VERY much for all the advice will look for ski independence, havent seen that one before, will try and get just a lift pass for Sunshine Village, Thanks again everyone
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oh yes can anyone recommend which company to go for in regards to Ski insurance? will probably want to go for Annual multi trip but would like to know if anyone has any good thigs to say about certain companys.

Thanks once again
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
to be helpful it's here http://www.ski-i.com/

snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mobsta007, have a study of this thread.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
there is a lot there, I forsee a little light reading ahead for me, thank you once again, you guys & gals are the best!

Hope you all get the snow you all want and need !!

Have a merry white holiday!!

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mobsta007, you'll need a mainframe to work out the best lift pass permutation for your requirements. We ended up gettting a late season family pass, which we could have used for about 2 months, one year, but that's no use in Jan.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ive used snowcard.co.uk for the last 3 or 4 seasons. never had to claim (touch wood) but always found their service, costs and levels of insurance to be excellent. theyre one of the few companies i could find that will cover you for off piste without a guide. when i looked at the fine print in a lot of company details i found that 'off piste' literally meant that as soon as you strayed out side the piste markers you werent covered - so if you stacked it and needed assistance if you were just cutting between pistes youd be liable for all bills!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, it's a nightmare to work out the best combination!!! As we had a car and didn't need the ski-bus, we didn't get the tri-area pas, but bought a 6 day Sunshine pass, skied the free day at LL on a day pass, then 2 days Sunshine, 1 LL . As the kids were over the age for the free tri-area passes offered by the rep, we saved a packet, as they could get youth passes for seperate mountains, but only adult tri-area pass. I saved enough on the passes to pay for the dog-sledding
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have spoken to Ski independence now, a nice guy called Jon emailed me, they have an offer on at the moment which gives you 2 free days when you book more than 7 days, so for the 12 days that I want I am going to save about £60 each. Not too bad.

An update on my original question, I have now booked my trip to Banff, 16 nights, stayed at Brewsters Mountain lodge last time but need to make it cheaper this time so have opten for the Bow View Lodge, flights and accomodation for 16 nights total of £1375 for 2 people through expedia. Am going to get the tickets through Ski Indep, but this doesnt include transfers from Calgary, will be looking for the snow shuttle costs etc online and will book that seperately.

BANFF here we come , now I am just praying for SNOW GLORIOUS SNOW !!!!!

Do most people book a annual multi trip insurance or just the single trip insurance with ski???
latest report
i suppose it depends on whether you plan to go away agina this year. i think if youre doing more than one trip it'll be worth it. just ask how much annual cover is when you phone or go on line for your quote.
ski holidays
Annual, take a look here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18268
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy