Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OOooerrr Dilemma!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow SNOWHEADS,

Have a bit of a dilemma?!? Skiing in Austria - Obergurgl for one week from 20th December 2006 staying at the Hotel Crystal, Half Board for £569 plus I think about £130 for lift pass for 5 days!!

OR

Banff Canada, departing 13th December 2006 until 27th December for 14 nights staying at the Bow River View, Room only for £650 plus I think about £300 for 10 day lift pass, so have to supply all own food etc.

Oooerrr , spend a little bit more and go to Banff or just be happy with 5 days skiing in one week in obergurgl.

I AM going mad !!! Is there ANY way you can get lift tickets in Banff area for cheaper?? What about only if you ask to ski just the sunshine village area??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Puzzled snowHead Puzzled snowHead Puzzled snowHead Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it all depends whether you want to go to Obergurgl or Banff! Only you can know that. You will have forgotten the price difference before you get back......

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mobsta007, is your other half posting this in the equipment thread too? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mobsta007,

I would go to Banff. It will have loads of snow by 13th Dec.

I skied sunshine on 4th Dec 2004 (My birfday). Everything was open and there was loads of powder.

If you stay in the sunshine inn you get a free lift pass
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So:

Austria - £139 per day

Canada - £105 per day assuming you know how to eat cheaply.

And your question is what exactly?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was just wondering why my post had been deleted! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunshine should be fine for snow but Lake Louise does take a bit more time to build up a decent base especially in the back bowls. But you should be OK.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some interesting suggestions in the Travel supplement of today's Independent about getting cheaper lift passes for some N American destinations if you buy online, in advance. A season pass for (?Winter Parks I think it was) for the cost of 4 days tickets bought at the kiosk at the time. Has to be worth exploring. But if there was something similar available, that might just mean you had to make a second Canadian trip to get max value from your pass??????
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I know we saved quite a bit on our Whistler tickets that way, but they reduced the window price anyway due to the poor snow conditions.
mobsta007, you can get a Sunshine only pass, and then buy odd days for LL if you decide to ski there, and if the snows good enough. I liked the skiing at Lake Louise though, and it would have been even better in good conditions.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crystal currently have an offer on lift passes if you book with them, you get 2 days free when you buy over 7. So our over £300 lift passes were reduced to £260. So a good old saving on that. Something like a £78 saving per lift pass.
Not sure what offers you could find on the internet...May be able to get it cheaper.
I would choose Canada every time!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I saved quite a bit on Snowmass tickets buying on line here: http://www.worldski.co.uk/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy