Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monte Bondone, Italy

Poster: A snowHead
I went to Monte Bondone in Italy with school in the early 80s. Had a great time.

I'll get to the point... Is it still a resort?
Where is it?
Does anyone have any photos of the place?
Has anyone ever been there?

I remember it was a beautiful place where i learned to ski but unfortunately nobody else does. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, it is still ( just about! ) a resort but is only good for 1/2 days skiing. Was there in 2000 and it is more of a wintersports resort rather than skiing. It is in the dolomites area just a few miles from the town of Trento. Yo can drive from there to other " proper " ski resorts like Madonna di Campiglio, Forgarida, Marivella ( all of these three btw are linked ). It is a couple of hours drive though!.

As a total beginners resort it's OK having just one hill with just 15kms of pisted runs; resort height is 1350m and altitude 1300m - 2100m; stay at the albergo Monte Bondone.

Have a look at the Solos brochure as it features there - www.solosholidays.co.uk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks...found a lot more info now...resort maybe too small but i remember it being beautiful. Remember now that we flew into Trento. Aah memories Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulm wrote:
I went to Monte Bondone in Italy with school in the early 80s. Had a great time.

Me too. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied there about 3 years ago as part of a road trip/tour based in Trento. Had a great time staying in a big posh hotel in the town (dirt cheap compared to ski resorts) - lovely old town and cheap food and drink too.

We skied at Madonna di Campiglio, Folgaria (or was it Folgarida - er, whichever one is near Trento...) plus Monte Bondone. We really enjoyed Monte B - you drive up to the ski area and have amazing views over Trento and the valley, which are about 7 or 8,000 feet below. There's one very long red run with a big vertical (served by a fast quad) plus a few shorter runs and slow lifts. We had great snow & the area was good fun for a day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I skied there on a school trip back in the 80s too. We were actually staying in Andalo and had day trips to both Monte Bodone and Val di Non.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulm,
You can ski the area on SuperSKiRama pass - this covers all the resorts in our area, or just get a pass for Monte Bondone.
There are only 5 chair lifts but the pistes are OK (only been over a couple of times). All the slopes have snow making machines so you should be OK if you go for a day out. It's quite a long link, if you not familiar with the area, from Folgarida - you can't ski from here over there without taking free bus for a short way. Most people skiing the (few) pistes of Monte Bondone tend to be staying around Madonna and take a short excursion over to have a look and ski a new area. You can get full details of all the resorts in the SuperSKiRama area here
www.ski.it
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia wrote:
I skied there on a school trip back in the 80s too. We were actually staying in Andalo and had day trips to both Monte Bodone and Val di Non.

I remember we shared the hotel with a group from another school. The teachers did a lot of patrolling at night to ensure that there were no shenanigans. wink They weren't 100% successful. Very Happy

Does anyone remember sharing the hotel with a rowdy bunch from Cornwall? Razz

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 27-11-09 15:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mollerski, bizarrely yes. We were from a 'posh' school in Cheshire and there was another school party there, very noisy, with West Country accents!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia wrote:
Mollerski, bizarrely yes. We were from a 'posh' school in Cheshire and there was another school party there, very noisy, with West Country accents!

Oh no!! It wasn't you was it? Confused If so, I can only apologise, I was very inexperienced at the time. wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mollerski, it definitely wasn't me but it may have been my room mate Theresa! She were a right trollop!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia wrote:
Mollerski, it definitely wasn't me

Are you sure? Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mollerski, absolutely positive. I'm always impeccably behaved.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia wrote:
Mollerski, absolutely positive. I'm always impeccably behaved.

Maybe Theresa the Trollop owes me an apology in that case. Confused I tried to resist. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen bodecia wrote:
........ my room mate Theresa! She were a right trollop!

Are you still in contact with Theresa? wink
snow report
Mollerski, sadly no. I didn't know her very well, she was the year above me, we just happened to share a room for that particular school ski trip. She's probably on Facebook or something but I daren't go near it myself.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy