Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Scotland plans new campaign

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A promotional drive extolling the virtues of Scottish skiing, via a brochure covering all the major ski areas, is being planned.
Quote:
Ruth Pettigrew, Snowsport Scotland’s Highland development officer, said: "Next season is looking very positive, as there are many programmes and events planned at all of the ski areas.

Quote:
A spokesman for Ski Scotland said yesterday: "The brochure will be distributed throughout Scotland, England and Ireland in increased numbers in an attempt to capitalise on all five centres being open, and entice more skiers and boarders back to Scottish slopes."

If there's some snow....

Scotsman article
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's now been an unreliable history of snow conditions up in Scotland stretching back 15 years, with particular problems over the past 10 years (in which no more than 2 to 3 winters have really been winners). The people involved in the buy-outs of Glenshee and Glencoe must be acutely aware of the challenge but have presumably set their business plans on conservative projections on how much snow is going to fall.

Cairngorm has regrettably said that it plans to open only a limited proportion of its lift network next winter, but hopefully they're maintaining all lifts. I mean, what if nature surprised us all this coming December?

Anyay, best of luck to all concerned for a change in luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The lifts cairngorm are opening are the core uplift, which provide uplift to the whole mountain barring the Aonach Bowl. I think I heard something about if need-be they will open further uplift on demand or to take strain off some lifts.

The Ski Scotland brochure is printed annually, but I don't think many people are aware of it and certainly I have only ever seen it in Blues The Ski Shop in Edinburgh but this year Ski Scotland plan to widely distribute them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
A spokesman for Ski Scotland said yesterday: "The brochure will be distributed throughout Scotland, England and Ireland in increased numbers in an attempt to capitalise on all five centres being open, and entice more skiers and boarders back to Scottish slopes."

Obviously not interested in attracting visitors from Wales then...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy