Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kirchberg

Poster: A snowHead
Planning trip to Kirchberg over the New Year - not my personal fav time to ski but will be with teaching crew so calendar dictates - can anyone with personal experience tell me a little about what we should expect v-a-v crowds, restaurants and bars, lift lines etc. ... any recommendations much appreciated ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which Kirchberg do you mean - Kitzbühel?

Kirchberg An Der Raab, Feldbach
8324 (AT)

Kirchberg Am Wagram, Tulln An Der Donau
34 (AT)

Kirchberg In Tirol, Kitzbühel
6365 (AT)

Kirchberg An Der Pielach, Sankt Pölten-Land
320 (AT)

Kirchberg Am Wechsel, Neunkirchen
2 (AT)

Kirchberg-Thening, Linz-Land
406 (AT)

Kirchberg Ob Der Donau, Rohrbach
41 (AT)

Kirchberg Bei Mattighofen, Braunau Am Inn
52 (AT)

Kirchberg Am Walde, Gmünd
3932 (AT)

Kirchberg Linak
Thal, Graz-Umgebung
8051 (AT)

Kirchberg An Der Wild
Göpfritz An Der Wild, Zwettl
3811 (AT)

Wörth Bei Kirchberg An Der Raab
Kirchberg An Der Raab, Feldbach
8324 (AT)

Kirchberg
Sankt Nikolai Ob Drassling, Leibnitz
8422 (AT)

Kirchberg
Kirchberg-Thening, Linz-Land
4062 (AT)

Kirchberg
Regau, Vöcklabruck
4845 (AT)

Kirchberg
Vöcklabruck, Vöcklabruck
4840 (AT)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, I knew there was more than one Kirchberg, but I didn't realise there were quite so many!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hoppo, and that's before you start on the Swiss ones!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swiss .....

Kirchberg, Toggenburg
9 (CH)

Kirchberg, Burgdorf
34 (CH)

Ey Bei Kirchberg
Kirchberg, Burgdorf
3400 (CH)

Kirchberg
Thundorf, Frauenfeld
8512 (CH)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Apologies for lifting a quote from another thread, but a newbie snowhead recently wrote the following:

Thanks very much for all the info guys, this is a great forum. Im into music production and recording and the related forums are full of antisocial pedants who make fun of anyone who asks a question.

Hang your head in shame DB, which kirchberg do you think he is referring too???? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And hang my head in shame, for assuming doogo is a bloke!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the ice perv wrote:
Apologies for lifting a quote from another thread, but a newbie snowhead recently wrote the following:

Thanks very much for all the info guys, this is a great forum. Im into music production and recording and the related forums are full of antisocial pedants who make fun of anyone who asks a question.

Hang your head in shame DB, which kirchberg do you think he is referring too???? Puzzled

I think the one near Kitz hence the reason I mentioned that when I asked for clarification. Just not sure why dogoo didn't mention Kitz if that is the case. I know at least one of the other Kirchbergs is near a ski resort.

And before you start jumping down my throat go and take a look at all the threads where I have given people advice on other Austria ski resorts, winter tyres/snowchains, Austrian menus etc etc etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's the full quote, from a thread I haven't even replied to.

element wrote:
Arno youre right it is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I'm getting a great deal on them so think it might be worth buying them and if I don't like them I can always sell them on:)
Parlor, I want to buy because it saves me time and probably a bit of money in the long term and its handy if i want to nip down to the dry slope for an hour:)
Thanks for all the advice
ryan

The way I read it ryan was saying that the other (music) forum he frequents is full of anti-social pedants not Snowheads
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I think the one near Kitz hence the reason I mentioned that when I asked for clarification. Just not sure why dogoo didn't mention Kitz if that is the case.

Maybe doogo doesn't know it is linked to Kitzbuhl.
Quote:

I know at least one of the other Kirchbergs is near a ski resort.

I would imagine most of them are near ski areas - Austria is full of them. And no I am not going to qualify "near" before you ask.
Quote:

take a look at all the threads where I have given people advice on other Austria ski resorts

No I'd rather not, very busy you see, but please continue the good work and tell doogo something about Kirchberg (the one near Kitzbuhl). Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the ice perv,

(Bangs head against the wall)

Once doogo confirms which Kirchberg, I'll see if I can help. Now if it is Kirchberg near Kitzbuhl I'm sure many people here who know of Kitz but haven't heard of Kirchberg will also post with helpful info.

I just hope doogo makes my day by confirming it isn't Kitz wink NehNeh
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I seem to recall that someone asked a question about Kirchberg many, many posts ago. Personally, I'm prepared to gamble that doogo means the Kitzbuhel one.

I stayed there once, for a long weekend, several years ago. It's bigger than it looks, which is not especially helpful; it's not a tiny little hamlet with no life of its own. It has quite a few hotels, plenty of restuarants and bars and seems to be pretty lively. If you want more action, Kitzbuhel is a short cab ride away.

Access to the Kitzbuhel skiing is by a 2 stage chair from just above the village, there are buses which might be useful depending on where you're staying. I don't remember too much queuing, but I think that they're only doubles. Alternatively, you can bus it to the Fleckalmbahn gondola between Kirchberg and Kitzbuhel. You could also bus it in the opposite direction to the Pengelstein gondola. The ski buses around the Kitzbuhel area are generally pretty useless.

You can also get over to Westendorf and from there into the rest of Ski Welt (should you wish to) by bussing it up the valley (away from Kitzbuhel) and taking the new gondola.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 12-10-06 10:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I rather think DB has entertained everybody well in this case.

By the way I put my money on Kitzbuhel's Kirchberg too. If this is the case I think experienced skiers would call the resort Kitzbuhel rather than Kirchberg, possibly because sport events are regularly held there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
guys,
didn't realise my question would spark such debate! anyway as always thanks for taking the time to read and reply - apologies for the delay in looking for replies - a little busy at the mo' and snowheads is not getting the consideration it deserves snowHead
DB - if only i could visit all the Kirchbergs I would - as per your assumption, yes am talking about the one next to kitz - and i'm sorry i can't make your week by saying otherwise!

richmond, ta for that - all useful info - understandably most of the detailed reviews centre on kitzbuehel so that's the reason why i was calling out here to get some snowHead observations on kirchberg specifically

again, ta guys for all
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've stayed there for three weeks in total, although that was quite a while ago so I'm sure it's changed a bit. At the time I was a beginner (my 3rd, 4th and 7th week on snow I think) and the place suited me fine.

Faster access to the slopes than from Kitz (but you have to catch the bus) and you can either ski back to town directly or just ski to any road in the area (where there will be a very nice bar waiting for you) and the super efficient bus service will get you home easily.

Bars and restuarants are good, and full enough to give an atmosphere without getting packed out. My memory about the skiing is hazy, but there seemd to be lots of easyish stuff and the best snow was always at Pass Thurn.
ski holidays
doogo, We stayed here about 10 years ago. It is within easy walking distance of the gaisberg lifts and backs onto the cross country piste to westendorf. Kirchberg is quite an attractive village but the longer runs are on the hanenkahm/pengestein/kitzbuhler horn hills. I would certainly go back there again.
snow report
ta guys!
snow conditions
richmond wrote:
The ski buses around the Kitzbuhel area are generally pretty useless.

marc gledhill wrote:
the super efficient bus service will get you home easily.

A healthy difference of view on Kitzbuhel area ski buses.
ski holidays
richmond, snowHead

When were you there?
snow conditions
This year and last year for a week and for several weekends over the last few years. I haven't used the buses a great deal, but whenever I have, I've found them infrequent, late running and overcrowded. I may have been unlucky.
snow report
richmond, it maybe that the Jagertee cloued my judgement, but they worked fine umpteen years ago!!
snow conditions
Still clouing it seems. Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy