Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow blades ??? eh

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowHead snowHead Hello iam new to all this, have not been on a pair of skis since the age of 14 , iam now 28,
and not been on a snowbard for about 9 years,

What are snow blades !

could someone explane snow blades to me and what they are, and what are they designed for, are they more fun than a deck or skis, or are they like those big foot things, that used to be about Razz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cookie monster, ok, let's see...
Snowblades are like hoovers. What I mean is, the name is actually a trademark, but has become the generic name for "ski boards"

In a sense, yes they are evolved from Big Feet, but they resemble skis, rather than feet.
They are <120cm skis, some with non-release bindings, but some come with release bindings, just like skis.
Most are around 99cm.
For people of lower stature (I think it's under 1.5m tall), they should stick to junior versions (called "Groms"), which are shorter. This is due to the non-release bindings putting pressure on bones and joints when you fall, and shorter legs can't take the forces as well as longer ones.

They can be fun, they can be a good learning tool to help you learn/improve carving skills and being balanced on skis. They can also be the subject of ridicule/scorn because of the numbers of people (particularly in Europe) who put them on, but refuse to learn how to use them, and thus become a danger to themselves and everyone around them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cookie monster, snow blades (possibly a Salomon TM) are skinnier versions of ski boards. Very short skis that used to only come with non-releasing bindings. Very similar to big foots.

Unless you come from a skateboarding or skimming background then ski boards are much more fun than a snow deck as you can really get round the mountain. Snow decks are a laugh that are best kept in a garden, although as skilled person can get down pistes on them.

Lot's of people of here have "fun" on ski boards. I can't stand them myself. Sack up, get back on skis and get ready to become poorer (or richer depending on how you measure wealth Wink ).

Skiing has changed so much since you last skied, I spent 8 years not skiing because of snowboarding and I am well and truly reformed (again). Go skiing get some lessons and ask your boss about a pay rise and more holiday allowance. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, they're like Big Foots. I've tried them a couple of times, and they were fun. You can turn about 3 times on a mogul, generally mess around, and enjoy yourself. The Austrians used to call these ultra short skis Figls.

It's quite easy to stub the tip and go flying, so a smooth piste helps!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

The jobbies on the right are (genuine Salomon) snowblades Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for the update guys,

parlour, yes i will be skiing again going to alpe d huez, end of march cannot wait

thanks for the help guys
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy