Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VAL THORENS SKI INSTRUCTORS

Poster: A snowHead
Taking my lovely wife skiing for the second time in March and we're off to VT.

Can anyone recommend a decent ski school? I was hoping to find a British Instrutor out there but the search is proving fruitless thus far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dme, We skied with the International Ski School there last year at the EOSB and they seemed very decent guys and spoke very good English. I'll see if I can find Philippe's full name later at home. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, Thanks that would be a great help. If anyone has any other suggestions all will be appreciated.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dme, plenty of brits in couchevel and meribel but a distinct lack in VT
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
" A couple of seasons ago we used www.prosneige.fr for all ages and they were very good not English but speak very good English. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dme, easiski, Philippe MARTIN - Telephone: +33 4 79 01 07 00 Mobile: +33 6 61 73 21 50 and e-mail philippe.martin58@wanadoo.fr.

Philippe is an honorary snowHead snowHead (He calls us: Tetes de Neige...) and one of the partners in the business, Pro Neige, so with boredsurfin, 's you have quite a few votes. I would ask for him specifically - he is good and has a sense of humour.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BernardC, but would you trust him with your wife wink wink Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, I'll have to take the 5th Amendment on that........! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dme,
I'd recommend Lara at Prosneige - good English, very pleasant and very good analysis and tuition.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hywel, that sounds like a safer bet, unless of course Lara is a bloke Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all - a real help - any other suggestions always gratefully received though
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM,

No Lara was definitely not a bloke.....

(Right hand column, seven rows down) Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hywel, ....I see she is having another bad hair day.......! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just wanted to get this back to the top so hopefully a few people will read it and hopefully give some advice.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dme, there aren't a lot of different ski schools to choose from in VT. Obviously a resort can only support so many.

AFAIK the main ones are:
ESF
SKi Cool
ESI
ProSneige

As VT historically has a very high proportion of Dutch visitors, there are far more Dutch instructors to choose from than English. Obviously, being Dutch, most of these speak excellent English.

ESF: Take your chances
Ski Cool: Presents as independent but is actually ESF
ESI: is a branch of the international federation of ski schools (Easiski can tell u more about this)
ProSniege: is also affiliated to ESI

As you've seen above, ProSniege tends to come out favourite around these parts.

If you want Ski schools that are specifically British run, Meribel, in the next valley, has a few and Courchevel has a couple too.
snow report
My parents had lessons with ProSneige last year, and they managed to do the impossible and get my dad to actually enjoy skiing, and they were full of praise for them afterwards
snow report
Looks like prosneige is the best bet then.

Thanks for your help all.
latest report
Hi

We used proniege for three years and would not use anybody else when in VT. Their office is close to the slopes and at the end of a long day there is a lift to get you back up to street level. With the two family that went (4 kids) we had a five of the instructors over the three years.

The company is run by a X tec head of ESF. He left becouse of the problems he had trying to change the mind set of ESF, esp the problems with class sizes ESF would run with, and the problems this coused such as lost children that resulted.

Pro neige have max of 10 and all are in raido contact at all times.

Our Kids when in group lessons, the class sizes were only 5 and 6 of which we had 2 kids in each group (last week in Jan)

If you go with them they also have a deal with one of the ski shop for discount on equipment hire. they have a good web site.

I can not recommend them enough.

Cheers

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
ntfarmer, Thanks Farmer - I'll be booking proneige then. We've got a couple of novices so will be getting them private lessons to get them up and running as soon as possible and then group for the rest of them.

Thanks Again
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy