Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Music

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend some music to ski too?

I quite like the idea of Steve Harley and Cockney Rebble - Come up and see me........

Any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On motorway pistes I usually ski to "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tito Puente for bumps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
would it be wrong to suggest the sound of the wind going past your ears and the music of ski against snow? I guess so.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red hot chilli peppers - learning to fly - always plays in my head when I'm going down an exhilerating run
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother, I have some headphones that sit slightly off the ear so u get the sounds of your environment mingled with the music - the effect makes u feel a bit like you're in a film.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin, in that case it has to be the theme from OHMSS....

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 10-10-06 13:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm with stoatsbrother on this, I want all my senses tuned in, not blocked out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, even when climbing?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If I were into music while skiing then I'd follow a friend's lead and probably go for Rammstein. But I'm not Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith wrote:
On motorway pistes I usually ski to "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk

Is that because Kraftwerk were in the charts last time you skied?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I seem to have wishbone ash'' the king will come'' in my head on long runs Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
comprex,

I suppose I could see the point there, but I can do without it. I assume you are talking about a small hike.
If there is a rope involved, then, no... I'll more than likely be taking pics tho'
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"Prayer to God" by Shellac seems to go through mine on long, wide pistes. I try not to sing it out loud though. Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
comprex, especially when climbing: blood pumping around your body, pulsing in your ears... very few people going in the same direction as you... listening to your ski buddies breath to work out if they're suffering too or more (or less)... sweet sound of up hill slog knowing that when you summit... YOU CAN SKI DOWN!! Bring it on.

I quite often mentally play music to myself but I think actually listening to music shows no respect for the mountains and almost as little respect for music. Stop it. Or take up snowboarding. Wink
ski holidays
Rocky Mountain Way, Down the Dustpipe or Wide-eyed and Legless may be appropriate however, I don't listen to music whilst skiing as I'm not convinced its safe.
snow report
stoatsbrother wrote:
admin, in that case it has to be the theme from OHMSS....

Absolutely - although on the occasion I tried skiing to this I nearly killed myself as clearly my self perceived Bond like elegance on skis was not matched by reality
snow report
When in Austria i usually listen to Falco. Not the obvious "Rock me Amadeus" pop tune from the 80's though... we heard a much more recent hit whilst skiing in Kitz last season called "Der Kommissar". It's just seems to work whilst swooshing down the Tyrolean Alps in your all-in-one. Especially if you finish the day with a Jaegermiester or three.
snow conditions
Strangely it's usually the James Bond theme,or Ski Sunday, but after a trip to a Jethro Tull concert in March, we went skiing the follwing day. For some reason neither of us could get 'Living in the Past out of our heads as we skied . It made the rythym a bit odd though. I sing a lot too, rather than listen to the MP3.
latest report
music has its place for sure...... but for me its not on the slopes Puzzled i love the sound of speed as u barrel along and of skis on snow/ice etc
snow report
skinutter wrote:
music has its place for sure...... but for me its not on the slopes Puzzled i love the sound of speed as u barrel along and of skis on snow/ice etc

I agree!

plus nothing beats a good yeee-haaa! as you set off over an edge on to a nice steep pitch snowHead
ski holidays
I really liked: Monster - The Automatic

It was on one of the ESA videos at Snowbird

Contains the chorus- "Whats that comin' over the hill? Is it a monster, Is it a monster" and a great driving modern rock sound
snow report
The squeak of skis on new snow, the wind through the trees and mountains, the creak of the chairlifts and the sounds of people having fun are enough for me.

snowHead
snow report
The sounds of the avalanches on Monte Bianco from the Peindeint chair in Courmayeur, especially if in cloud, is one of the best mountain sounds.
snow report
I still reckon you can't beat a bit of europop to mogul to. Just apply the neon face paints and your ready to rock!
ski holidays
Merecedes Benz by Janis Joplin - excellent music for medium radius turns!
ski holidays
"Crash" from The Primitives.
ski holidays
Anything by NOFX or Pennywise in the park!

A
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy