Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitting recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having recently visited Solutions4feet for footbeds, liner fitting and boot adjustment, I would like to thank CEM for his expertise and I would strongly recommend his excellent service to other SnowHeads.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CEM? Never erd of him Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LARGEZOOKEEPER, I think he's one of those long haired greasy boys that works in Slush and Rubble.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liner fitting? Does he have zipfits in yet? CEM do you Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slikedges, not yet they are I am told nearly on the way Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What's the difference between the zipfits and the foam-injected liners?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, remind me to pay you with a cheque by post when I next see you! Laughing wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Foam injection liners are an empty bladder which is filled with a liquid chemical foam which fills the voids between the shell and the foot. it gives a very close, tight, high performance fit. foam liners can crush the foot occasionally when they are being moulded if the foot is lax with lack of muscle tone (like that limp wet hand shake that makes you cringe) they are also a static fit ie. when the foam is set they are set in that position and break down slowly from there.

ZipFit is a pre padded dynamic flow liner which uses a mix of cork and ceramic clay in packets around the ankles / heels, it too offers a tight high performance fit but has a different feel to a foam liner as it often feels like there is not pressure anywhere on the foot but it grips like hell if you try to move. the cork flow packs do exactly that, they flow around the ankles and heel as you ski so the fit is constantly changing to your foot. Zipfit tends to be a little warmer than foam, and a zipfit liner has a life span of 600-700 skier days

both liners do a great job if they are correct for your feet and most importantly the shell of the boots must be the correct fit for your foot.

i cant find much info on foam for you but the zip fit site is http://www.zipfit.com
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, that explains HappyMouffe's high performance ski-ing wink When you say they do a great job if they are correct for your feet, it implies that for some feet they are not suitable - what sort of feet are not suitable - is it a static shape thing or to do with changes during movement?

I ask because to my "rigid mechanical" mind I have trouble seeing how a (correctly done) injected fit can be bettered.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hoppo, i think your comment about 'correctly done' sums it up...... if the shell is too high volume for the foot then you end up with a very thick large area of foam, this breaks down and allows movement of the foot, the most common problems i have seen with foam are bad protocol at time of injection (too much or too little foam injected, or out of date foam that has not catalised correctly) or the limp squishy foot i mentioned, if this foot is compressed by the pressur of injection which is 40-50 psi then it will remain crushed every time the foot is put into the boot. one of the other problems is people having a foam liner because the think it will solve all their problems, normally unless there is an abnormality in the foot that requires foam to hold it i would not recommend a foam liner if a skier was doing less than 3 weeks skiing in a season, purely as the fit can be agressive and as a holiday skier 1-2 weeks per season may not tolerate the adaption of foot to liner / liner to foot.

one of the other factors as you mentioned is the static nature of the liner verses the dynamic action of skiing. this is another reason that a well built custom footbed is critcal in the fit of any boot.

hope that explains a bit Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the explanations CEM.

I have a feeling next week at Lockwoods is starting to get more and more expensive...

New boots plus liners of some description (I'll rely on guidance from your good selves on the day as to the appropriate sort after a quick discuss on ski style and expected use I guess): so what sort of numbers we talking?

And of course, I've already got the Recons on the Lockwoods' shel, f waiting for the boots to be bound to them...

I fear for some melted plastic in the pocket on the way home.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy