Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milton Keynes X-scape

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere. I'm going on a corporate away-day to X-scape. Trying to decide whether to ski or finally take the opportunity to have a go at snowboarding. The answers to a couple of questions will help me decide:

1. are the skis available for hire as cr@p as they were a few years ago?

2. will any of the freestyle stuff be available? i think we're going on a tuesday afternoon which doesn't seem to be a designated freestyle time but if there is a rail, i can probable enjoy myself on that. i'm useless at rails...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno,

At MK Ellis Brigham have some demo stock available including Scott Missions.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ellis Brigham are pretty good at MK.
I 'borrowed' some K2 Apache Strykers and some Dynastar Troubles 2 weeks ago.
Only cost me a credit card, which they kindly returned when we were done.
Their range of demo skis is pretty good
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just thought I'd jump in this thread rather than start a new one having been to MK first time today...I went to try my new boots but got some horrendous Salomon skis ! Wish I'd known that I could have got some demo ones from EB!!

Also was rather annoyed that they closed off the middle slope for most of the time I was there, first hour it was shut for the kids slalom and then they opened it fully for all of 15 minutes...then they netted off the bottom half for toboganning!! Grrr...I should have paid half price...Grrr....some of the people on the main slope didn't have the basic three (turn, Lift, stopping) skills either and were hence rather dangerous!

sorry, rant over Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had been planning to go to MK for first time in couple of Sundays' time but to be honest if it is going to be as in nondescript's report, is it worth it? Long way to go for shut slopes and dangerous crowds. I had been planning to go first thing on the Sunday morning for about two hours. Any opinions/rants welcome. Unfortunately I don't have the option of going during the week.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowshine, I went at 11am to 1pm, the dangerous crowds came in at around 12.30. When you are skiing it is great when you have the whole run (I had it for 15 mins!), I would recommend you call up to book (dont do it online) and ask specifically if there any special events running at the same time that would lead to restricted slope access.

To give them some credit though, the snow was well maintained, staff were friendly etc. I will be writing to them about letting inexperienced skiers on though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nondescript, thanks for that, I'll definitely follow your advice and book by telephone. And good luck with your complaint - I must say that my local dry slope has a very strict policy (which it enforces) about newbies. You'd have thought that an indoor snowdome would be even more watchful for such potential chaos.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy