Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France > Les Deux Alpes >Chalet La Brunerie

Poster: A snowHead
Anybody been here?

looking at the bottom of this page click this

Can anybody offer any advice / experience from from skiing/staying here?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not stayed there, but 2 minutes from the Jandri Express is a good location. The Jandri Express is the main highway, as it were, up the slopes.

When are you planning to go? You'll often find snowheads at LDA - especially in the Lutins hotel bar wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 9-10-06 13:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't help with your request Renry, other than to echo achilles' comments but I like the way you've worded the title of the thread. It makes sense and should show up well to other snowHead searching for either France, LDA or the chalet in question, good thinking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are deff' going somwhere 3rd Feb for 1 week. 4 adults (3 ski , 1 boarder Evil or Very Mad )

Budget for flight inc transfers and half board accomadation is about £450, the above seems good value to me but would be open to other suggestions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I should point out here that the Brunerie is a 160-bed clubhotel, so if you're expecting a cosy chalet you may be in for a shock.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not really Lizzard, we just want somewhere half decent to lay our heads, be fed and watered and have a pool/sauna to relax in after a hard day on the slopes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Renry, fits the bill then, I'd say. The pool is only a small one though - no good for doing laps if that's what you had in mind. They're refurbishing a lot of the rooms at the moment, removing drab '70s decor and installing flatscreen TVs. Bathrooms were all new last year, nice and modern, clean-looking. Catering is Crystal's standard clubhotel deal - big buffet breakfast with hot options, cake etc for afternoon tea, choice of menu for dinner with 1/4 litre house wine, plus paid-for bar lunches - nice bar terrace with views of the Muzelle glacier. Beware if you don't like kids - the hotel houses two creches and is popular with families.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice report

Thanks Lizzard,

Whats the loaction of Chalet La Brunerie in relation to the Jandri Express jumbo gondola.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd say their estimate of two mins walk is an exaggeration - more like five in ski boots. But Easiski could probably give you a more definite answer.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My apartment is a couple of doors up - we had fiends stay in the Brunerie there last season - favourable reports - only a bit noisy if you're on the road facing side. Lizzard, yup about 5 is fair. Good central location for apres ski.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

we had fiends stay in the Brunerie

Really? Do Crystal allow that? Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
.. no they were regular punters... they're not that charitable!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ChickenDhansak, you may have missed the point here ............ unless you really did have FIENDS over rather than just regular friends. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, which of these ski hire shops is nearest to La Brunerie and how near.

Rouard Sport

La Skirie

Noel Sports

Jacques Sports

Alpha Sports

And which would you recomend
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i stayed there with crystal and i swore i'd never book with crystal again.

It was a dive. My sons snowboard got stolen out of the locker room provided (supposedly safe!!!) on the first night. The only good thing about it was that the food was ok and the staff were lovely.

Its a small walk to the piste as its up near the climbing wall, but i've done worse walks with snowboard in hand.

I remember that everything was broken and our room wasn't ready when we were sent into it, it was a stinking flee pit!!!

then to top it all off my little girl who was 13 months at the time got very very sick due to all the staff being sick. It was a scary time for me as her temp got up to 42.

I'm sure you can find somewhere better in 2 alpes and i would avoid crystal like the plauge
ski holidays
oh and i reckon its more like a 10 to 15 min walk to the lifts not 5!
latest report
Renry, the only thing I can say about that is that as far as I know Noel Sports has been knocked down! Never used the others, suggest you ask Easiski.

snowangel., I'd be interested to know when you stayed there - the Brunerie has been managed by the same couple for the past six seasons (and well managed, from what I hear). They left last summer and the hotel has new management this season. Having seen the place, I would certainly take issue with the phrase "stinking flee (sic) pit".
snow report
Lizzard, we were there in the winter of 2001 and it was nasty horrid place.

it was filthy dirty, nothing worked.

i wouldn't recomend my worst enemy to stay there.

as i said there are far better in les2alpes.

i also would never go anywhere with crystal either

personal opinion ok true but when somewhere is dirty it sticks in your mind

if the hotel i worked in was that dirty i'd leave!

funnily enough every day when hoover the resteraunt after breakfast i think of that place. they made us sit at the same table for every meal, and with a 13month old you can imagine the mess that was under the table. WE used to joke about when they would actually clean it. They never did the whole week we were there! WE had to joke about how bad it was, esp after spending the first 2 days in tears trying to sort out the stolen board. Had we not joked about it we would have spent the whole trip crying
snow report
snowangel., I think that was just before Nico and Suzanne took over. They've done a lot since then. As Lizzard, said they're currently refurbishing the bedrooms, but this is the second time in 6 years that they're doing it (not counting the bathrooms last year). I reckon 5 mins in skiboots to the Jandri Express and about the same to the Belle Etoile chairlift (the "no queue" option).

Renry, I've had lots of clients staying there in the last few years, and they've all been happy, but personally I find the hoards of screaming kids all over the place a bit wearing. Food varies from year to year of course, all very happy with it last year.

Nearest ski shop is La Skirie right opposite - why those shops in particular?

Lizzard, Noel Sports is supposed to be being rebuilt in time for the winter season.
snow report
[quote="easiski"]Nearest ski shop is La Skirie right opposite - why those shops in particular?quote]

www.snowrental.net offer cheap hire deals through those perticular outlets
snow report
Renry, If you go in (le Skirie) and say you know me, they might look after you better. I bought my Zags from them and also a new jacket last year. They're good friends of my regular shop Ski Extreme.

the best shop on your list is Jaques Sports. They are a bus ride from the Brunerie, but that's where Cedric the magic bootman hangs out, and they will look after you if you say you're a) a Snowhead and b) a pal of mine - just be nice!! Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
Renry, We stayed there in 2003 as the changes were beginning to improve the hotel. The owners were keen to improve things (and clearly have based on the reports from easiski, ). The road was really noisy though. We had a room on the front and general cars and people noise well into the night. The rooms at the time were basic to say the least but the childcare was excellent so we have good memories as that was the first ski holiday with proper childcare (my daugther was two at the time).
ski holidays
easiski, you mention that La Brunerie has hoards of screaming kids all over the place, can that be said for the time im going (3rd Feb) its out of our school holidays (I think).

Please anyone feel free to offer any alternative package at Les 2 for arround the price quoted by Crystal (in this link)click this
ski holidays
The hotel is home to two creches, one for babies/toddlers and the other for older anklebiters (see Crystal's website). These facilities serve all of the company's guests in resort. Outside school holidays you'd expect to see lots of under-fives. How much it bothers you depends on what you want to do - you won't find kids in the sauna, and they can't go in the pool without their parents. They might go in the bar during early evening, but the games room is separate, and I'd think that would be more of an attraction. Kids eat at 18:00 (ish) and should in theory more or less disappear after that if they're small.
latest report
Renry, It may be out of school hols but there will be lots of kids there of any age! Childcare in Crystal is a big draw
ski holidays
Renry, can i suggest you contact www.doublehigh.com its self caterd but it would be much better. unless your relying on the childcare of course!
snow conditions
Picked up this one a bit late so hope Renry you are still checking.

Went with Crystal to Le Brunerie last Feb half term. Hotel accommodation not bad typical 3 star, staff excellant, food adequate. We had our kids with us and so used their child care facilities, they ( the kids) didnt complain, so happy kids equalled happy parents! It has a small pool and jaccuzi which were good, unfortunately the sauna never got hot due to an ill fitting door.

Its good and central and the main lifts are a five to ten minutes walk away and you can board/ski off piste all the way to the back of the hotel!!

Fortunately on the first day we had a huge dump of snow so the pistes were in excellent shape. Our only gripe was it was very busy on the main pistes above cretes( still what do you expect at half term). The mountain behind the hotel was better.

Avoid the green back down from cretes, take the gondola or if they are not too mogully or icy try the blacks back into town, valentine was my favourite. Cool
ski holidays
Hey guys, I'm bumping this up again as this is where we are staying in late Feb. Are Nico and Suzanne still there and is it still good value. We have two little ones 2.5 and 4 years old which is why we booked with them - for the childcare. Hubby and I can't wait to be alone on the slopes again. Last time was our wedding 5 years ago. We'll actually be there for our 5th wedding anniversary.

My other question is that I've read varying reports on the transfer time from Grenoble Airport. The majority say a 2.5 hour journey but someone said their transfer took closer to 5 hours! Any comments????

And how many Snowheads plan to be there around that time?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Leis, I guess it depends how you transfer. We got a shared (though it turned out to be private) transfer just before Xmas through www.abcibus.com and it was just under two hours
ski holidays
Leis, 5 hours Shocked no way! We got lost (I was navigating Embarassed , right road but wrong direction) but it took less than 3 hours. Should have been about 2.
snow report
Thanks guys, much appreciated. snowHead
snow report
Leis, Depends on the route taken! Some coaches will take the N roads, to avoid toll charges, and will be dropping off at several other resorts en-route.
latest report
Bumpty-bump.

Planning on going here in Feb 2010. Does anyone have any experiences from the last year, good or bad, that they'd like to share with me?
I have 2 young kids, so the hordes of screamers are fine.

TIA
snow conditions
I have just booked a week in LDA, staying at La Brunerie!!

We arrive in resort 2nd Jan... At the moment, looks like some snow has fallen...

Its out first weeks skiing in France.. we had 3 days in Austria, local resorts last year, lots of trips to Castleford Sno-zone in UK.... now embarking on a trip to the real slopes for some fun........ this is practice for a family group trip to val thorens in late March!

Advice / Tips / Experiences welcome.

Ski hire booked from Ski Republic... doesnt look too far from this hotel, 10 mins walk maybe!

Happy Skiing
Paul
ski holidays
We all worked there last season Laughing wink
snow conditions
PaulW,
Please post your observations/experiences after you get back.
Been to La Rosiere for the last 2 years, so very excited to take the family somewhere else, but a little nervous as La Ros was soooo nice.
snow report
Swirly, its a great place, i worked there last season too wink
snow conditions
Hi my daughter and her friend stayed at La Brunerie last year. they had a great time, food was ok, lots of families/children, a large hotel rather than small chalet, centrally located for everything, its bang in the middle of shops, restaurants, 2 mins from the lift. The ski area was fantastic for them, both experienced and for us beginners (we had a weekend there a couple of years ago, not at that hotel). The only downer was that my daughters skis were stolen from the locker room along with many others on their last night, apparently it wasnt a 'one off' , it spoilt their last day as they spent most of it at the police station, getting reports etc, the hire shop insisted on my daughter paying 400 euros for the skis but she doesnt have a credit card, I tried to pay over the phone but it was not possible, fortunately I'd booked ski hire through www.snowbrainer.com who were brilliant they paid the shop, I paid them, then we claimed from the insurance. It would be worth locking your skis together or to something in the boot room, just in case, enjoy your holiday.
Oh we have been to La Ros too, LDA is much bigger, more going on, etc etc, but we enjoyed both resorts very much.
snow report
[quote="bealsfive"]PaulW

Sure thing, I'll post something on our return!!
snow report
Bumpity bump.

Any recent experiences please? Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy