Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New instruction DVD from Phil Smith, Snoworks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Phil Smith of the Snoworks ski school has (finally!) released a new instruction DVD as a follow up to his earlier "Ultimate Control" DVD. I've not seen it yet, but more details at www.iysmedia.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just ordered the first one at the weekend - hopefully have that later this week. I seem to remember you mentioning that its good, is it very long?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eddyr, it's 50 minutes long. Not as 'flashy' a presentation as some of the instruction DVDs I've seen, Warren Smith's for example, but I think it's all the better for it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have any of you watched these yet?

I've been given 50 quid by Mum for my birthday and was thinking in investing in these. I'd welcome any opinions. My suspicion is that they will be very helpful indeed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I ordered the Ultimate Control & got sent the other! I didn't realise till I'd got the wrapper off......haven't watched it all but what I have seen looks good. S'pose I'll have to re-order Ultimate Control - and hope that's what gets delivered Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
docsquid, Phil Smith's approach is to simplify skiing technique to its bare bones and to explain it in a clear a way as possible. There's not much in the way of exercises or drills, and very few 'mental triggers' offered to get the skier to develop certain techniques. I find it very helpful to think in terms of the basics and to focus on what I'm trying to do with the ski, but I guess other people may prefer a different learning style so whether you benefit from these DVDs may depend on your own approach to larning. Even if you don't find them a useful aid to developing your skiing, at the very least it's a pleasure watching the ski footage of Phil in action - he's the most enthusiastic, upbeat instructor I've been taught by, and this comes across in his free skiing Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, that sounds just the ticket. I like things made as simple as possible. Sounds like I should give them a go.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got them and watched the first one (Ultimate Control) prior to my Snowdome trip this morning. It is an absolute pleasure to watch Phil ski! I like his style of keeping it simple and seemed to be able to do some of the exercises OK. Like rob@rar says, it doesn't have a lot of specific drills or exercises, but it does help you to focus on what your legs, feet, skis, and body weight are doing. I'll have to watch it several times to get the most out of it, and I haven't watched the second one (Ultimate All Terrain) yet, but then again, there isn't a lot of terrain available at Tamworth Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
docsquid, if you enjoyed the video you should try skiing with him Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, yes, that's what Mr Docsquid keeps saying. I can't wait - only four weeks to go!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's certainly a motivator for getting down the gym as well! Good DVDs - I just want to get out there now and try it out!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy