Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada - Spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of going to SN in mid-December for three days to visit a friend who lives in Granada and get some skiing in. I'm taking a mate who will ski with us in Italy for a week in Feb. The idea is that he will get some lessons (he has only been once and had an injured ankle which limted his development) when the resort is qwuiet and we don't have loads of children with us. Hopefully that way in Feb he will be able to ski a lot more and get teh most of the holiday.

I also intend to get some lessons to improve my technique. Although I can ski most things I have't had lessons for years so could do with some to get rid of bad habits and get the most of improved equipments since I first had lessons many many years ago.

So three questions:

1 How likley is it that there wiill be snow? Not too worried about having all the runs open (sounds unlikely anyway) but just enough for my friend and I to get some lessons and improve.

2 There is a ski school run by some British guys there (www.sierranevada.co.uk). Has anyone used them? They seem very good. Any feedback?

3 Can anyone recommed a hotel that is close to lifts, slopes, hire shops etc

Alternatively can someone suggest a resort with good classes that is easy to get to - no long transfers - where flights and accom won't be horrendously expensive. We can fly from any London arirports. One attraction of Granada is the short transfer - we won't need to hire a car as a cab shouldn't be much for the short journey.

Gratias!!

Aidan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
aidancostello,
I am in the process of booking my trip to Spain for January and have asked several questions on here about it. From what I have gathered-
You don’t need to stay in the resort there is a ski bus that leaves Granada every morning at 9.00am from “Palacio de Congresos” ½ hour ride and it returns at 5.00pm
So if you can stay at your mates do so!
I have not booked yet but the hotel at the top of my list is “Puerta de las Granadas”
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh shute - spent ages doing a reply but got logged out and its all disappeared...
But www.continental-autos.es website gives bus times - there were 3 per day each way last March so there may well be more once the season starts. Timetable says 45 minutes which i think would be more likely as its about 30 mins up the mountain road and you have to get clear of Granada first
Dec is peak season every weekend from lift pass calender so think cos it's so high they get the snow - would worry more about wind as at just above coast level large plant pots get blown over so am not surprised lifts sometimes get shut!
We used the english guys for our day out - me plus two sons - no complaints and think would use again but PM me if you have specific queries- we had one in the morning for a couple of hours and another in the afternoon.
Hope this helps Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Late starter, thanks late starter

am still keen on SN but am now wondering if I should consider flights to Geneva and find a resort within one hour of there instead? I will go to SN in maybe Jan with my wife but am keen to get the best out of the few days for my mate so want to be sure we go somehwere where lifts etc are open. Great thing about SN is the transfer from Granada airport is so quick. On a short trip don't want to spend more than an hour on getting from arirport to resort.

cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
aidancostello, the closest hotel to the lifts in Sierra Nevada is Hotel Telecabina, I stayed there some 4 years ago and it was fine, and it´s on the building of one of the gondolas.

You also have hotel Ziryab, it´s more expensive but is a very good hotel and is 100m from the lifts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy