Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bosu Ski Workouts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks! It's been awhile since I've posted here. I was working on a snow sport fitness book over the summer. Now that it's finished, I have time to chat with my friends from across the pond. I noticed in another thread that many of you now have the Bosu. Here are some training ideas:

Bosu Bridges
1. Turn the Bosu platform-side up.
2. Lie on your back, placing your feet hip width apart at the center
of the Bosu.
3. Inhale to prepare.
4. Exhale as you extend your spine to a bridge.
5. At the top, inhale in preparation.
6. Exhale as you rock the Bosu forward.
7. Inhale back to center.
8. Exhale and rock it back.
9. Inhale back to center.
10. Perform eight repetitions.
11. Exhale and roll down your spine, vertebra by vertebra.
12. Perform two more sets.

You can vary the exercise by rocking the bosu from side to side. This is great for developing lateral stability.

Here's another exercise:
Jump And Stick
1. Stand on top of the Bosu. Feet are parallel, and open to the width
of your average ski stance.
2. Inhale and jump.
3. As you exhale, land in this sequence: Toes first, then the ball of the
foot, then the heels, then squat. If your body is in correct alignment,
there will be minimal wobbling of the feet upon landing.
Don’t expect, though, to be paralyzed. Remember, athletic balance
is dynamic. There may be some small degree of motion occurring.
You can add agility training to this exercise by tossing a medicine
ball in the air as you jump up, and catching it when you land in the
squat.

Have fun!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lisamer, Hi, thanks for these, I will try them. do you have the workout list from stocky?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lisamer, the bosu bridges sound like one of our Pilates exercises only we use an exercise ball
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi! I have not been around, so I need to catch up on Stocky's workout. Eng ch, I almost always suggest the exercise on the ball, so I thought I would use something different. If anyone is in London, this guy is a really knowledgeable trainer:
http://www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lisamer, Are you the same Lisa who posts on Epic? If you want to see a copy of my ski workouts then just drop me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stocky, yes she is the same person.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, Thought so. I have had a look at her website. It's pretty good, lots of useful stuff and she has made some really good posts on Epic too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy