Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HOW MANY JIBBER'S ON HERE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just interested to know how many jibber we have on here and what you ski.

I've been skiing since I was 12 yrs old and started freestyle about a year and a half ago.

I recently changed my set up to replace a trashed pair so now have:

Dynastar Troublemakers in 175cm with Look P12 Jib binding set dead centre.

K2 Public Enemy 2007 in 176cm With Rossi Axial 1 120 wide (P12 Jib by another name) set 2cm back from centre mark, which is actually printed wrong so is 4cm back from centre lol (all K2 skis are printed wrong btw!)

Armada AR6's in 176cm with Look PX12 Jib binding set 1.5cm back from centre line.

Whats your forte? Mine is skiing switch and 180/360 flat spins, when i can land them lol

A Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
to add.....

Im 6ft 2 and a bit and 87kg.

I ski on a din setting of 8

like US and Canada parks more than Europe - ski'd all of Canada, most of US and bits n bobs of France

I'm 31, live with the lovely, if stumpy Wendy in Hereford - Famous for snow here lol NOT, and her little girl Megan, who can ski better than all of us at 6 (darn kid!)

A
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Someone mentioned this word a couple of weeks ago and I had no idea what it meant in a skiing context. For others just as ignorant. I hadn't really thought about why such a term might be necessary to describe the activity until it was pointed out to me that some newschoolers, park skiers, jibbers belong to a subculture who aren't actually very good skiers at all, just great on the kickers and sliders.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
adam_button, I take it "Wendy" has no access to the internet?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I dont know whether I'd consider myself a jibber. I just seem to end up in the park when conditions are less than favourable. Really trying to impove on my riding switch so I can control my zero spins better. I like to spend some time on easy rails and boxes. I am spending a season in Canada this year so plan on impoving my park skills.
I have k2 seth vicious 179 (mounted +4, going to get em remounted at core).
Scott p3 178 (mounted 2cm forward of core).

I am 5'10" and 150lbs, I'm 22. I wonder Adam, why you didnt go with the 181cm Armada ar6. Alot of jibbers are on http://www.newschoolers.com but I think most of them are 15 years old. There is the odd thread on there that interests me though, especially when comparing park skis.

I think a ski resort called Brighton was first to open, but they closed straight after, publicity stunt really.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I must be getting old. I'm younger than Adam, (29 today BTW Wink ). And I would never describe myself as a jibber, even if I did spend more time in the park.

Jibbers are 15 year old kids, generally made of rubber, 5'5" and have a ratio of 50/50 who can't ski and (really annoyingly) ski very VERY well, but because they're angst-y teenagers prefer to 'hang out' in the park than go real skiing.

If I was 15 I'd probably be a jibber, but 15 years ago I was a skier. We still did tricks (a 3 was a heli back then) but we didn't have set parks and 'jib' areas.

Then I wasted 7-8 years snowboarding (18-25/6) and on non powder days I hung out in the park, but I was younger and my body could still take it.

When I went back to skiing 4 years ago I rarely went back to the park, no need to I was having far more fun in the backcountry, but I could still hold my own Wink

I banged my shoulder in march 2003 whilst playing in the park (FYI corked 5s & 7s). It STILL hurts. Getting older sucks.

Now I never attempt anything more than 3s and just prefer well “tweaked” grabs off bigger and bigger drops. But after a bad spinal injury last winter I think I'll even have to give that a rest.

For "hanging out" on the web "jib" stylee check out newschoolers (US 15 year olds) and Dark Summer (UK based Freeski community).

The Dark Summer forum can be brilliant especially for freestylers, nearly all of the big UK names post there from time-to-time: Slavemonkey, Andy Bennett, Emma Londsdale, Bungle etc etc. Always has good info on comps and what's happening where. And a great magazine to boot.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ahhh Dark Summer, top lads!

To answer the age old question of why not the 181's, which for my height weight etc etc - easy - I like skiing on 175cm, simple as that lol

A
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
adam_button, what's your DS handle?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slikedges, I know adam_button is from Hereford, but this is a bit strong :-

'uneducated country person, characterized by their incomprehensible accent, and failure to talk about anything other then their Ford pick-up truck. '

Are you a Londoner by any chance ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jib!Jib!JIIIB.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latchigo, there's an even less flattering definition in there, though equally inapplicable to this topic! wink

Why do you ask if I'm a Londoner? Am I too ignorant to be living in Oxfordshire Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Londoners often have huge amounts of self-confidence coupled with a belief that folks from the provinces are a bit on the simple side.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latchigo, we're certainly simple (and ignorant) in Oxfordshire.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I not know what ye mean, I is a nice country boy who does cow tippin and pig pokin lol.

I may LIVE in Hereford but was brought up in the much desirable Cotswolds and lived in West London for 4 yrs, then Coventry so Im a half and half i suppose, half bumkin half city snob lol.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
adam_button wrote:
I not know what ye mean, I is a nice country boy who does cow tippin and pig pokin lol.

Shocked For the record, no pig pokin goin' on here! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy