Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discounted Ski Tickets in St. Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Is there anywhere online where I can get some discounted tickets for skiing in St. Anton? We are both youth (19 years old) and will have at least 5 days of skiing. Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fs2k2isfun, hate to say it but you'll be lucky! At 19 you count as an adult unless you are students (I presume St Anton includes students in it's youth price?). I have heard that in the US places loike newsagents have discounted lift passes and going to the lift pass office is the most expensive way of buying. It's totally different in Europe as you can only get lift passes from the lift company's ticket office or online via their own web site. What the web site says is what applies. Sorry! (unless anyone can correct me)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I imagine theyre cheaper in Holland. Or potentially more expensive in order to subsidise the rest of Europe
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fs2k2isfun, it's unusual for liftpasses to be discounted in Europe. St Anton is a very busy and successful resort and probably don't discount at all. The only way you can reduce the expense (and significantly on accommodation) is to ski in the low season. Some resorts package the accommodation and lift pass (and maybe equipment rental and instruction) at low season and sell you a very keen deal.

Ask the St Anton tourist office if they're running any of these package deals this winter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I imagine theyre cheaper in Holland. Or potentially more expensive in order to subsidise the rest of Europe
Trouble is, their mountains aren't very exciting (they may sometimes get above sea level).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For some strange reason skiing has never taken off in the Dutch Alps. You see it's not very easy to carry a pair of skis on a push bike.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm actually coming in via Amsterdam, and we are both students. Thanks for the tips! Here in the US, one can save significantly by buying tickets at places like sporting goods stores and grocery stores. Thanks again.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not a hope of discount unless your registered working, a local or resident of the Tirol. Sorry.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There was a discussion about this sometime ago & the conclusion seemed to be that Swiss resorts occasionally offered day pass deals on things like Pringles cans but mostly any discounts were for local residents only? Any lawyers want to comment on whether this is a breach of EU freedoms (outside of Switzerland obviously)?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
Any lawyers want to comment on whether this is a breach of EU freedoms (outside of Switzerland obviously)?

Why would it be a breach of EU freedoms?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Something along the lines of discrimination against EU citizens who live in other EU countries. I suspect because French resorts also discriminate against say Parisians in ticket prices there is no case to be made. The local tax contribution may also justify it. Really it was just a throwaway thought I had.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob, OK, I see. I get a discounted ticket for Les Arcs (or the Paradiski domain).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton, I lease an apartment each season. You don't know if that counts as a "local" or "resident of the Tirol" do you?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
B00thy,

Not sure what your saying but if your saying your the owner then I suspect your entitled to local pass.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No, I lease an apartment (off the butcher, Heinz Aitzelmueller actually) each season. Have done for a couple of years now, and have signed up for 3 more years.
snow conditions
B00thy,
You'd think he would throw in a discounted skipass then...( or work it somehow) ...seeing as you are a good tenant and give him repeat business NehNeh
snow conditions
B00thy,

Are you working and registered witht he Gemiende ? Do you pay local rates ?
snow conditions
Nope, I don't work over there. Except for nipping up the Maroi every now and again. I am registered with the Gemeinde as a resident though. At least in way that means I don't have to fill in those tourist forms that everyone needs to complete. And I have a bank account there. I might ask Heinz.
snow report
JT, I also buy lots of meat off him!!
snow report
B00thy,

Im prtetty sure you would be able to get a discount/locals pass if your resident.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy