Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau - Independent Ski Information (non-commercial)

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.flachau.co.uk rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads ScannAr snowHead

An unusual and somewhat brief first post, but it does appear to be what it says on the tin wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarah and Pete (flachau.co.uk) have an apartment in Flachau, according to the messageboard.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, that would imply that it's not exactly non-commercial or independent...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I recently spotted this man in Flachau

He is a local flachau
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shirley not Shocked I don't beleeeeve it, but then I'm more of a bacon sarnie kind of guy myself Laughing

Do I hear chainsaws buzzing in the woods of Hampshire?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hopefully not, because you're "between delayed flights" apparently!

Let me guess: you're in Singapore?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well there's no links to any apartment on the website, looks fine to me.

Welcome to snowHeads ScannAr! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's true, it's a spam in sheep's clothing - a lam . Or maybe a slam.

Welcome to snowHeads, Pete and Sarah!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome Pete and Sarah,

Good site. Do you live in Flachau ? We're just down the road from you in Muehlbach am Hochkoenig.

Debbie
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ScannAr, welcome to snowHeads.

Please ignore the comments from David Goldsmith, despite being a vegetarian, he enjoys dropping his spam all over the place.

I really liked the look of the available skiing from the piste map. I particularly enjoy the idea of skiing from one village to another so this area could suit me well and it is not one that I have investigated before. So thanks for flagging it up Very Happy .
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray, maybe you're a more fair-minded person than I am. Using the words "independent" and "non-commercial" to describe a thread in which a vested property interest is represented (one assumes there's a direct connection between 'ScannAr' and the owners of the apartment) strikes me as taking the piste.

Your point about spam has me thinking whether the manufacturers might introduce a 'suitable for vegetarians' option, based on processed nuts.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Goldsmith wrote:
Using the words "independent" and "non-commercial" to describe a thread in which a vested property interest is represented (one assumes there's a direct connection between 'ScannAr' and the owners of the apartment) strikes me as taking the piste.

How is the 'vested property interest' represented in this website exactly David? Can you please point me to a link, apart from one message that talks about staying in 'the apartment' - which could mean anything. If it is spam it really wasn't a very good effort - can you please tell me what their apartment is called and how you could book it?

Why should you assume anything?

I note they haven't posted again. Lets hope that's not down to the overwhelming welcome they received.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, he could also be a happy punter recommending somewhere that he'd been... but let's assume that he is guilty of some heinous crime without giving the opportunity to prove otherwise rolling eyes .

Whatever it was, his thread has been trashed and he probably won't be back

You may have chosen to not post about ski related things any more, but it irks me somewhat when you interupt conversations of others that do.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's funny how many here say they would love to relocate to the Alps but when someone does and puts up something with useful information they get spam slammed. I mean come on it's not as if they are "La Rossing" it.
latest report
I am slightly baffled as to what is the difference between saying that you have information about a ski resort in which some people may have a commercial interest and saying you do freelance ski journalism which may attract business from some readers. I must say I wasn't very impressed with Flachau on a brief visit though.
latest report
Isn't David Goldsmith the great sage on the subject of skiing because he once spoke to a man in a ski factory? Laughing

"La Rossing it". Laughing snowHead
latest report
No, he was in the pub.

Flachau is now on the map, and this storm on a t-bar has helped put it there. It's a win-win situation.
snow report
rolling eyes rolling eyes

David Goldsmith, so why did you create the storm then?
ski holidays
Because I thought the title of the thread was misleading, and the posting comprising just a hyperlink to a promotional website seemed dubious.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, why? When you look at the website it is just a nice website with lots of info on the area. How is that misleading?

As I said before, can you please tell me the name of the apartment and how I can book it, as it is a spam commercial posting according to you.
latest report
cathy wrote:
rolling eyes rolling eyes

David Goldsmith, so why did you create the storm then?

He's so tech savvy - he can even put images in his replies. Laughing If he'd wanted to do something more constructive than create a "storm on a t-bar" (a term which I'm sure that he's been waiting to use for a long time) he could have checked the link to make a clearer assessment of whether the claims in the thread title were valid. wink

snow report
I thought nodding dogs were only supposed to be on the parcel shelf.

Cathy - get real! It's a link to an advert for an Austrian resort, in which the owners of the website have made an investment. I never said it was a spam for an apartment. But it's about as independent and non-commercial as a flyer.
snow report
Shocked rolling eyes

I give up......... some people are just never wrong.
snow report
For those who've missed it, the point seems to be that the people who set up the web site linked in the first post own and (apparently) rent out an apartment there. Whether they also made the posting in unknown.

Personally, I couldn't care less. I don't believe a word I read (or write) on the web anyway, and anything with '(non-commercial)' in the head is more or less guaranteed to be commercial.
snow report
I think the real point is that one person's spam is another person's fillet steak.

'Chacun a son gout', as the French say.
snow conditions
Personally, I don't think the site is overtly commercial, it's nicely put together and pretty informative on its subject.
Although I think it's pretty obvious that the site's owners have an apartment there, if they're intending the site to promote it commercially, they're severely under selling it IMO. It's not even clear if it is available to rent.

However, even if the topic is within the context of snowHeads, it's still a little rude (IMO) to stop in and just drop a link to your own site without even introducing yourself!
ScannAr, last visited snowHeads just three minutes after (s)he registered so they haven't exactly hung around to savour the ambience.

Spam? I think we've just been flyer-ed.

ScannAr, hello!
How are you? Who are you? What are you?

and of course... Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
admin, don't you mean 'stickered'? wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowHeads was either 'stickered', 'flyer-ed' or 'billposted' ... but the very nice generous mods also 'rubber-stamped' flachau.co.uk . All's fair!

Has the man with the chainsaw retreated to Wengen?
snow report
ScannAr here. Yes, I do have an apartment but it is not commercial and is not available for rent. http://www.flachau.co.uk is just my way of sharing my thoughts and experiences on the area...nothing more. You guys are so cynical! Very Happy
snow report
Hi ScannAr, welcome back to snowHeads - it's been a while!

Thanks for clearing that up Laughing
ski holidays
ScannAr, welcome back! snowHead We're not all so cynical wink Toofy Grin
latest report
ScannAr, hello, Im just round the corner from you in Radstadt, I can see the Flachau pistes from my lounge! Welcome to snowHead s
snow report
Hello again,

I notice that a couple of you live the Pongau area. I am keen to make a few contacts out there for various (legal!) reasons. I can't seem to work out how to e-mail people direct from this site but it you get a chance please e-mail me via my web site and I'll get right back in touch.

Many thanks.
snow report
ScannAr, if you scroll up to the top of the page, and click on the "send/read messages" then you can send a private message (PM) to whoever you want.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy