Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to try now?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was at the ski test at Braehead on saturday and had a fantastic time. I ended up skiing a lot "better" skis than I thought I would. I tried a couple of ladies skis ( lotta luv, wild thang, some fat nordica ones and something by rossignol) and didn't find anything I loved. However I loved the K2 recons, I tried a pair of Nordicas (top fuel I think ?) which I felt were a bit much for me then tried the eliminators which I found quite similar to the recons and also loved. The very last ski I tried was the Head XRC 800i and I really liked these as well. They were totally different to the eliminators and the recons but so easy to use and still felt really stable through the crud at the side at speed. I've now gone from thinking I would wait until I became a bit better skier to wanting 2 pairs of ski's NOW Smile.

I live and ski quite a bit in Scotland so aside from the fact of the dreadful hire skis up here it does make economical sense to buy a pair. I want to demo a few more as it took me a while to find the ones I liked on saturday so what else would anyone reccommend? I fancy something like the Heads as a really nimble, zippy ski and am going to "share" a pair like the recons or eliminators with my boyfriend as he really liked them too and I could imagine them to be good for bashing over the bumpy pistes up North.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nobody?????

I wanted to try some atomics but never got to since the rep left, anybody reccomend anything from them or any other manufacturers????????
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Instead of the Head you could try Fischer RX8. I have them and like them nice and quick. easy to turn. Very good grip on ice. Could also share with boyfriend as they are on a railflex binding/ ski bilek in germany are a good price. might get cheaper on their ebay auctions.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good picks.

How about
Volkl S4
Dynastar Contact 9
Elan Speed Magic
Metron 10

and forget about letting him share.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex wrote:
Good picks.

How about
Volkl S4
Dynastar Contact 9
Elan Speed Magic
Metron 10

and forget about letting him share.
Thanks
lol but that means he pays for half and I can afford two pairs Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I have some Volkl Attiva 4* (last year's equivalent of the Volkl S4). They are really lovely skis. I got a good deal because I got them just before the end of last season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lynseyf, that just breeds complications. wink

Constant wonder "Did I bring the right pair?"

Constant wonder "Where did the $^%$# leave MY skis? And did the drunken %^%$#@! lock them?"

Constant wonder "Is he going to slam MY lovely new skis the wrong way into a bump/railgrind?"

Constant wonder "Hey, did he really set the bindings back on MY skis correctly?"

Of course, you're probably more generous-minded about these things than I would be, so carry on. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lynseyf,

Don't know anything about the skis you mention, except I have tried Elans and the Recons.
Elan is general, I believe, are making very good skis and I have not been on a bad one...I tend to favour their Slalom models tho'
The Recon is a very smooth ski which you can ski all day. However don't confuse this with being the only trick it has, if you push it it wakes and gets more interested. You can grow on this ski and if you can ski it now it should accomodate progressing your skiing skills. A ski that will dabble everywhere with conviction
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex wrote:
lynseyf, that just breeds complications. wink

Constant wonder "Did I bring the right pair?"

Constant wonder "Where did the $^%$# leave MY skis? And did the drunken %^%$#@! lock them?"

Constant wonder "Is he going to slam MY lovely new skis the wrong way into a bump/railgrind?"

Constant wonder "Hey, did he really set the bindings back on MY skis correctly?"

Of course, you're probably more generous-minded about these things than I would be, so carry on. Madeye-Smiley

Comprex, why would you assume the HE would set the bindings? I set my own.
And as for being generous minded. I am wondering how often my husband gets ready to pull his skis out of the quiver only to find that I'm already skiing on the ski's he intended to use! wink

Lynsey, if you want some good suggestions on skis to share with a mate. I have a LOT to offer on that playing field.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnowHot, I like that policy for both bindings and bathroom seats.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
comprex, why do you always make me laugh? Laughing wink Puzzled wink Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SnowHot, How do the bindings work out? My boyfriend is planning on buying new boots this year so don't know the exact sole length but it will be close to mine. Is there a problem mounting the bindings when 2 different people use the ski? Any other pointers??
Thanks snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy