Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Public Enemy/Volkl Karma/Dynastar Troublemaker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helloe Snowheaders! I need some serious advice... I am looking to buy some skis this season and have narrowed it down to the above selection. I am not sure which of these I should get and would like any comments and advice if anyone has any.

I was recently on the Warren Smith Ski Academy in Saas Fee and one of the instructors suggested I get the Karmas. Admitedly though, that it what they all use!

I have heard the Public Enemy is also an excellent all round ski.

I really want a ski that I can use anywhere, I would say about 50-60% on piste carving and then 40% off piste and in the crud with about 10% in the parks and landing jumps. I am quite a heavy and agressive skier.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're quite heavy I'd go with the karma. There is another thread on here discussing the karma vs a nordica. I think the troublemaker wouldnt really give you the float you'd want off piste. I think the Karma is supposed to favour heavier aggressive skiers. Have a look at the head mojo 90 too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hellooooo, stumbled on this one and seems to be up my alley Happy

I own and use -

Dynastar 06 Troublemaker with Look P12 Jib binding
Volkl Dogen with Marker 12 Free binding
and
K2 Public Enemy 07 with Rossi Axial 1 120 wide binding

IMHO:

1. The Dynies are a great park and piste ski, very light, med flex with good sidecut - not good for of piste, ice and crud
2. Volkl Dogens - wider, very good, different construction, great rail & ramp ski

3. MY FAVS, the K2 PE!, what a ski - will do anything, great on rails, box, ramps piste and powder, even stable skiing switch - stiffer than last years and (i think) a touch wider, but still my fav's

Adam
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
adam_button, RowFlow, what's the profile of the PEs? (ie mm shovel waist tail)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
K2 '07 PE's

Dimensions: 118/85/109
Target Performance: High Performance All-Mountain Pipe and Park Twin
Radius: 20m @179
Construction: Torsion Box Sidewall
Core: Fir
Features: Twin Tip, Triaxial Braided Core, ABS Sidewall, Tip and Tail Rivets, 3.5 mm steel Edges
Sizes: 159, 164, 169, 174, 179
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
adam_button, does K2 Apache Outlaw which is also 85mm waist just have wider tip and tail, plus less upturned tail Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Standard advice:- Hire a pair of the ones you are interested in before you buy.

At least you would have some idea of whether you like them or not.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ive got a pair of last years '06 K2 Public Enemies, and they are great. I think Adam (Button) has had a bash on them. They are seriously good fun.

Additionally just bought some K2 Seth's ... which are good fun, but a bit like juggernaughts when you want to turn, with a huge carving radius. Although meant to be great fun in the pow. No doubt I will get dragged into the park with them!

Ive just noticed in the for-sale section there are a pair of last years k2's for sale ... might be worth a pop if they are your size.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why thank you JarvSki - yes I have treated you skis to what is proper skiing lol. Also put a monster gash in the front of them (sorry).

1. Try before you buy - lot of money to waste if you dont like them, skis are as individual a choice as tattoo's. Ellis Brigham usually have a good demo stock of K2's.

2. If they're cheap and you really want them, go take a look, but with caution, not with open wallet - I bought my PE's on the basis of trying Tomski's ones.

3. Apache recon are more of a traditional piste ski with a bit of what you fancy, what I would call a half and half, not true twin tip. if your not heading for the park then they will be ok, but if you really want to do ramps, rails and ride switch then you will be better off with a twin tip ski.

A
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
YES JARVIS, you WILL get dragged onto the butters in Courch!

Everyone, watch our for low flying Brits at crimbo!

A
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That reminds me, need to get my medical repatriation insurance !!!! Can't beat flying home lying down!

(sorry for threadjacking!)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When I tried the Public Enemys at the beginning of this season, I wasnt overly impressed by them. I found them a bit heavy and sluggish underfoot, but no doubt great for straight line speed. However I am quite light and like my skis to be a bit more nimble. Though I do know lots of people who rave about them. Though I think if u weigh 200lbs+ you may want something a bit wider like the Volkl Karma. I went from 163cm twins to 178 and found the extra length to give me much more stability and confidence. My advice, go long Cool . I went with scott p3 which I absolutely love. They are a reasonably stiff ski, around the same flex as the Public Enemy, maybe slightly softer. They have big shovel up front too. I have yet to try them in the powder but as I am like 150lbs I doubt Ill have any problems. They do come in a 184cm which has an 84mm waist but still has a 17m radius.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good advice Adam, I am about 6ft tall, agreesive, like to ride the whole mountian and love a bit of park and I would say the following skis would be ideally suited for you. (I ride the Mojo80)

Head Mojo 80, 181cm
Volkl Karma, 178 (great sidecut so awesome on piste, have heard it said that they arent that lively though. very tough)
K2 PE 07 179cm (very solid, good to spin, nice width great allrounder)

Head Mojo 90, 186cm (if you dont mind losing some on piste and getting some serious float)

Dont underestimate the joy of Head! Did I mention that we have all of these in stock?

neil@freeze-scotland.com
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RowFlow, I don't know your size and weight, but I'm selling a pair of 169 Karmas. have a look: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18939

Neil_ski The Karma comes in 177 not 178 wink At that length it has a 22.3 radius, which may or may not be to one's liking.

A great on and off-piste ski though and in terms of build quality ahead of the PE!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy