Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

serious fun snow catting in Chile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
yo when we were in chile there was a nice storm about 10-20 cm + over night. This was whilst we were in portillo and staying in Los Andes.

Next day we went to Ski Arpa ... www.skiarpa.com ... seriously good snowcat skiing and great value for money.

We did 6 trips up the mountain and skiied the most fun powder i've ever done. Not done that much so don't know how it all compares but so far it was the best day.

If any of you heads every hit Chile, give these guys a look up as we did 5 resorts + this and by far this blew us away.

Max 23 people on the mountain from 2 cats ... but if ur lucky like us fresh powder and only 7 others!

Great instructors impart full confindence in you all day.

The place is about a 2 hour drive north from Santiago, about 30 mins from Los Andes ... place called campo del ahumada

rik
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plectrum, I was in Portillo 3 weeks ago. Why did I not know this before? Sad Zoot alors
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice - how doe the terrain at the catski place compare to Portillo? e.g. the chutes up to the right looking form the hotel towards the lake.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
at LZK si grand zut du merde i think!!

at fat bob ski arpa was Be Nice please! awesome and the day before we skiied portillo in blizzard which was superb snow everywhere and we did the over the mountain past tio bob's restaurant double diamond about 5 times and the slingshots about 4 times each ..... yah portillo was cool and by the end of the day there was atleast 15cm powder but the net day at ski arpa was a trillion times more enjoyable!
The great thing about arpa was there was lots of variability in the standard depending on which exact route you take.

Like at the chutes there were about 7 different options via 4 or 5 chutes ranging from easy to a couple of tricky mandatory air routes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the link - will check it out next year.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I liked this pic for the parched v full snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy