Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rope Tow for Carella La Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
A notorious flat part of the Carella run in La Plagne may be equipped with a rope tow according to a report on Romain Guigon's La Plagne site. see here

Quote:
To install a lift would be interesting, to spare skiers a little tiredness. But is it really useful to mechanize the mountains a little more ?

Is polling part of ski-ing or an inconvenience that should be designed out?

Piste map here http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Geo_Plan.htm

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 27-09-06 16:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 brian
brian
More for the surfin' boreders you'd think, no ?

The traditional French thing to do would be get the bulldozers out Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That run is the biggest pain in the as$ ever! Shame really as its great for learners further up!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Poling should be done away with, I hate it Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am racking my brains here to think of where the run is!!! Someone put me out of my misery please
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The fatter that skiers become, the more effort that is required for poling. QED.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a piste in the La Plagne area which has a rope tow to enable you to traverse across an exceptionally flat bit. Can't remember the run at all but it was a bit of fun trying to wriggle your way on to the rope behind the cutest ski bunny Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What happenned to skating - if its flat and pisted you should be able to skate faster than a rope tow Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Horsley, try the carella, its almost uphill. Mouth, Its the blue one down from the Roche Di Mio towards Champagny
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee, Oh thanks I know it. I have seen it from the chair up to RDM but never attempted it as on a board. I avoid flats like the plague!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth, Have a look on Romains piste map I have put a link to it with the original post. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mouth wrote:
Nadenoodlee, Oh thanks I know it. I have seen it from the chair up to RDM but never attempted it as on a board. I avoid flats like the plague!

Get back on your ski's Laughing Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand wrote:
There is a piste in the La Plagne area which has a rope tow to enable you to traverse across an exceptionally flat bit. Can't remember the run at all but it was a bit of fun trying to wriggle your way on to the rope behind the cutest ski bunny Toofy Grin

I *think* it's le Replat, but am probably wrong.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee,

Is it the run with a bit of tunnel through a hill ? If it is and my memory isn't failing me, I skated it last time I was at La Plagne, but I can't deny it was tedious.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dave Horsley, No that run is also from roche de mio but back down towards Plagne Bellecote. That is a blue run called Tunnel (funnily enough) and that is also a b**** of a run on a board.

boredsurfin, No chance. I am a converted person these days!
ski holidays
halfhand,
Quote:

There is a piste in the La Plagne area which has a rope tow to enable you to traverse across an exceptionally flat bit. Can't remember the run at all but it was a bit of fun trying to wriggle your way on to the rope behind the cutest ski bunny

That is the traverse over the top from the top of Arpette down to the Les Coches side of the valley. Was broke the last time we went over there Sad

That Carella is a lovely run in places, but a bitch in others
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mouth, What are you property owners like. AIR it is actually called Les Inversens Little Angel . In good snow and with a full head of lard, I can just reach the entrance to the tunnel. I usually choose to take it steady and help push the kids tha last 50 metres.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, No no no no! Inversens is the red run which goes down to the right of Tunnel. Inversens is long and mogully at times and fab after a fresh fall.

Tunnel is the blue one which heads off to left at top of Inversens which eventually leads you through a ...er..... tunnel. Without the lard and on my one plank I can make it to the entrance but no hope on getting through the dam thing. Actually at the moment and with the extra "lard" am carrying I may even make it through the tunnel. Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, yer man is quite correct, you numpty Wink
latest report
Mouth, Is that not Le Clapet?, my fave run in Paradiski, with rolling bends, down to a slow chair. Of course it matters not, but it does get us chatting about loads of fun stuff and happy memories.
snow report
Charlatanefc, "Yer man" is having a baby shortly Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow report
Charlatanefc, Mouth, Frosty the Snowman, may I politely refer you to

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Geo_Plan.htm Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mouth,

Right area, wrong run. May have skiied it but if so it hasn't left a lasting impression.
snow report
boredsurfin, So where has Le Clapet gone Shocked Shocked , or have some pistes been renamed?
Time to have a browse further at RGs site.
snow conditions
http://www2.la-plagne.com/panorama/Plagne.jpg

The above is from the official La Plagne website. I think some name changing is/has taken place.

Whatever its called (le Clapet or Les Inversens) the red IMHO is the best in town

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 28-09-06 13:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, That doesn't have the pistes and lift at La Roche on it yet, no doubt they are producing a comnplete new piste map as there are now several changes overall. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, boredsurfin, Les Inversens was the 1st red I ever did! Only ever done the tunnel run once, and that was in a white out!
snow report
What a mess Wink
Many slopes have changed of name last year. I told about that on 10.26.2005, but it was only in French :

Quote:
Mercredi 26 octobre 2005

Révolution
La SAP publie avec ce document un avant-goût du plan des pistes de la saison 2005/2006. Le mot révolution n'est pas trop fort pour décrire l'étendue des changements. Une véritable valse des noms et des couleurs, d'une étendue telle qu'il serait difficile (et fastidieux) de la décrire en détail, mais voici un certain nombre d'éléments. Les pistes Bauches, Bijolin, Chanton, Clapet, Dos-Rond, Geïsha, Inversens, Leschaux, Maignonne, Pierres Blanches, Plan Bois, Preizes, Sauget, Traversée et Véga changent de noms, en partie ou totalement, ou l'échangent avec une piste voisine. Ainsi apparaissent les noms le Tunnel (Inversens), les Murs (Pierres Blanches) Petite Rochette (Geïsha), Montchavin (Chanton et Sauget), Coches (Preizes) ou encore Route des Bauches (Bauches). Les pistes Mercédès, Mio et Pelées deviennent noires, de même que la partie haute de la piste Véga, qui prend le nom de Grande Rochette. Les parties basses des pistes Véga et Mercédès passent en bleu. Vous saisissez maintenant l'ampleur du chamboulement, qui perturbera plus d'un habitué, et qui coûtera fort cher, quand on songe au remplacement ou à la modification de dizaines de panneaux de pistes... Une révolution toponymique dont on a en tout cas du mal à comprendre la finalité...

Frosty the Snowman, Le Clapet(red) is now called Les Inversens, Les Inversens (blue) is now called Le Tunnel

The flat (between Arpette and Bijolin chairlift) where a rope tow has been built is called Le Replat (good name).

I advise you to look the Piste Map 2005 : http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Plan2005.htm (other maps : http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Collec_Pistemaps.htm). You can look this page (http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Slopes.htm) to have information about all the Slopes

RG Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RG, Thanks for that. How bizzare, Puzzled

It just wont be as funny - Going like THE CLAPPERS down Le Clapet always made me chuckle.
ski holidays
I like to tow rope it was fun, As stated you can sake it faster, everyone will look and think "posing Fitzwilliam" but it put me infront of the gaggle that was on the rope. Smile

I also liked the tunnel but my last memory of that was dragging 2 boarders through it and that made me a bit hot Wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
How bizzare

Ohhh yes rolling eyes
latest report
When I was in LaPlagne a couple of seasons back the SkiClub rep took us on a tour that included two rope tows in series aclong a flat path set into the hill. But where are they ? It was very foggy and I dont know where we were snowHead
Is this at the top of the l'arpette where Charlatanefc mentioned ?
ski holidays
lampbus, Yes. Its the easiest way of getting to the Vanoise Express and Les Arcs From Bellecote and Centre
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I thought that run was Le Clapet too, and the Tunnel Les Inversens, becoming the Arpetter further down. It appears they have renamed them, but my old piste map calls them what you thought.
latest report
To compare you can see older Pistes Map on my website Smile
latest report
well at least we seem to have cleared this one up! I think? wink
ski holidays

snow conditions
RG, thats the baby.
latest report
That's the Rope Tow of Le Replat (under Dos Rond)...
ski holidays
Guess you couldn't find any BIG pictures then ! Shocked Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy