Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half price pre-season tuition with Snoworks

Poster: A snowHead
Just received an update from Snoworks.co.uk which offers half price tuition on their pre-season courses at Tignes. Details are:
Quote:
Dear skier,
We're kicking off the start of our 06/07 season with a special offer of half
price 'Ski Training Courses' in Tignes. Yes the season really does start
this early. Sneak in an extra weeks ski training with some of the countries
top ski coaches. From Red Run skiers upwards.

Nov 4 - 11
All Day Technical Training £150 (normally £300)
Race Training £120 (normally £240)

Nov 11-18
Race Training £120 (normally £240)

Combine this with a H/B accommodation package for only £245. Flights from as
little as £45 if you book now. Return transfers from Geneva £70. You can get
a great value package and sneak in an extra weeks ski training this early.

BTW, I have no interest in Snoworks other than as a satisfied client.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I received this email this morning too. I am very tempted by the all day technical training 4 - 11 November, but would want to keep costs right down. Anyone interested in sharing cost of car hire from Geneva and a self-catering apartment?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, if you do decide to self-cater, make sure you get an apartment fairly close to the hotel that Snoworks use for the evening feedback sessions and seminars. These are an important part of the week, as well as providing a good base for informal apres-ski with your fellow clients and instructors.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk, yes, I did a Snoworks course some years ago and would certainly want to be accessible for the evening sessions, but taking the package does make it all quite a bit more expensive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
... taking the package does make it all quite a bit more expensive.

I know, especially if travelling as a single Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, I presume that cost is for 6 days training?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BernardC, no, five days @ three hours per day. Arrive Saturday, Sunday is free skiing to get warmed up, instruction Monday-Friday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BernardC, the email from Snoworks says that the 4 - 11 November technical training is all day. 5 days, all day, so £150 is good value. That is what attracted me to it, as Tignes in November is likely to have fairly limited skiing available and be fairly grotty generally; muck and rubble, I suspect. But for technical exercises you really only need a few slopes and if snow conditions are poor, it's even better practice. Put like that, why do I want to do it??????????? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I'm sorely tempted, although some might wonder why I would need it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

The other question I have to ask myself is, 'Do I want to live....?' My wife has given me leave to do most of the season. I may very well place myself in great peril by the mere mentioning of this.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BernardC, I'm in Tignes for the race camp with Snoworks 18-25 November (sadly at full price, rather than discounted). I've done it before and it's a great way to get the season off to an early start. As Pam said, not so good for free skiing, but great if you're just focusing on technique. Go on, you know you want to...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, having just realised I'm probably not going to be able to make the EoSB next year after all (it will almost certainly clash with the first race of the LSERSA season), and after a chat with Emma this morning, I've decided to use the holiday I'd reserved for that for the half-price race training week 11-18 Nov. Sounds like I got the last place on it - unless they decide to add another group. I was originally thinking of going the following week and hooking up with you again, but £120 discount was too good too pass up. Also got to use my EasyJet discount (due to them screwing us about on the PSB flight) to get there. If only I'd got my posterior in gear a day earlier I'd have saved another £22 on the airfare too Sad . Shame to miss you - but maybe some other time.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GrahamN, Excellent, I'm sure you'll have a fun week. Two pre-season trips is quite keen! Fingers crossed for hard and icy conditions for you on the Grand Motte Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We're doing the race training course 18-25th November. We paid full whack for it, but we still think it is likely to be a good week. I'm a relatively new skier (first ski trip was last year, 5 weeks in total), although my husband skis well and has done racing before. I feel I need the race training to get quick enough to keep up with him. He has skied with Snoworks before and thinks they are absolutely brilliant, so, rocks, rubble, ice or not, I'm still looking forward to it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Two pre-season trips is quite keen!

Possibly - but my main focus is still the off-piste stuff in the season; currently looking at 3 weeks (including a Snoworks week in St Anton in Jan) and 2-3 long weekends. Bang go my environmental credentials then Sad .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
docsquid, I'm also on that course. Are you staying in the Hotel Curling or have you made your own accommodation arrangements?
snow report
rob@rar, yes, we're in the Hotel Curling. I feel rather nervous as I'm not an exalted or expert skier like many of the people seem to be here. My main aim of the week is to stay the same distance behind my husband, who is also doing the course, as I am at present and not to let the gap grow! I'll be happy if I get down one set of gates in the whole week without skiing out.

I only had my first ski trip last year (Feb 2005), and although I've done five weeks, with quite a few private lessons from Gareth Roberts, and made good progress, I still feel like a beginner. I have done a lot of ice skating (figure skating) in the past, which might explain some of my progress. Gareth and Brian (the BASI I and race trainer at the Tamworth Snowdome), I'm well up to the course and am definitely a Level IV skier. I know it will improve my technique enormously, and provided I'm not thrown off the course for being just too slow and holding everybody up, then I'll get a lot out of it. I've been having sessions with Brian practising starts, skating downhill, skiing in a tuck position and lots of other edge control exercises, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I get thrown off the course, I'll still enjoy skiing and meeting with everybody whatever.
ski holidays
There were a wide range of abilities on the same week last season, with four 'race' classes and one or two general performance classes so I'm sure you'll find a level that you're happy with. I also felt quite intimidated prior to doing this course for the first time, but there's no need to be nervous at all. I can't imagine there's any chance you can get thrown off the course - it's just a question of getting through the gates at your own speed, with feedback from whoever is your instructor. I'm not sure of the instructor line-up for that week, but Gareth might be one of the guys (he took a couple of the groups last year).
ski holidays
rob@rar, thank you for that. Makes me feel a lot less nervous. I'd like to be in Gareth's group, but Mr DS says he thinks it would be better if I now had a different instructor. I honestly can't wait to get skiing again. Living in Tamworth means I can ski all through the Summer, but it's not the same...!
latest report
docsquid, all the instructors are very good, so it doesn't really matter who you end up with. Most of the instructors stay in in the same hotel, so if Gareth is teaching that week you'll get to say hello even if you're not in his group.
ski holidays
docsquid, Do I know you? Were you on a recent "on the edge" course with Brian? wink Or do you ski weds nights?
snow report
veeeight, no, I don't think so. We did a two hour private lesson with Brian a couple of weeks ago, but I/we usually ski on Wed, Thur or Fri mornings. I was at the Snowdome this morning, trying to practice the things he taught me!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy