Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Look into the Crystal Ball..............."

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2006/7

Everone, who's anyone in the Freestyle world, are turning to SALOMON'S new SPK, two buckle freestyle boot.
The split seems to be 20% Plug Freestyle to 80% SALOMON SPK. Skiwise watch closely NORDICA SUPERCHARGER IGNITION, ARMADA and FISCHER Free ski ranges, seems if rotations 'TRUCK DRIVER STYLEE' is what you're after, these will be the skis to be putting it down on.

2007/8

Almost a complete overhall for K2.

The Team from VOLKL that bought us, the Original V-SKI range(EXPLOSIVES!) are and have been developing the Free-Skier range for NORDICA. Currently for 2006/7 known as the Supercharger range, the skis will be given a complete Graphic/Image change by Jamie Stachan ready for winter 2007/8. Jamie designed the entire V-ski range, Gotama through V-Pro to the Explosives. The Construction of the Skis has also given the Volkl treatment, so expect bombproof construction coupled with breathtaking performance.

2008/9

SALOMON
confirm that they will be returing to woodcore contruction. Investment in their current mass prodution has caused them delays in shifting back to wood!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wood = de-forestation = global warming = no snow = no Salomon wink Shocked

wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, Stop bitchin' and get out there while we still have some snow then! boredecowarrior
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, You got snow already Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surely the SPK is going to struggle and fade away? There aren't that many freestylers using it, as most people need a boot to function outside of the park as well as in it.

And, after all, it's just a glorified snowblade boot!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i had a look at SPK, as im keen in the park, but i ski all over and they just dont seem up to everything else. supose its ok if youve got the money to chuck at some spare boots, i dont even have enough money for some new ones which actually fit Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowbot, It will only strugle if no one buys it! It seeems the concept is working well for these guys. I spoke to Simon Dumont extensively about his feelings on the differences and it would seem liberation of the ankle is all important. Some of the guys coming from technical disaplines like slalom often find it too difficult to make the transitition from plug shells as the are used to the precision and control. Simon likes the freedom so as not to over commit at the landing, giving him a small margin for error and recuperation. Little Angel
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, everytime i see your posts i see your 'SNOWHEADS BOOT CLINIC' footer, stop tempting me i just cant afford it! snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
george_1, ...but can you afford NOT to go?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, only if i hire some boots
and i hate hire boots!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I looked at the SPK alongside the new Head Mojo and Salomon 1080 - Went with the 1080's as they were perfect fit 1st time, nothing added or taken away and cheaper than the Head Mojo, tres Bon.

Have to agree that if all you do is jib then the SPK would be good, but useless in deep powda!

Just my 2 cents

A
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adam_button, Why would the SPK be useless in deep POWDA? Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy