Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Metron 10 vs Izor 9.7

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys Im new to this forum, looks like lots of activity here so I thought I would give it a try.

I have the opportunity to buy a new set of skis (and boots) this year but I'm looking for a little more input on my selection. I've heard the local ski shop rant and trust the guys there but you never really know for sure what there motivation is since they dont let you look at their books Very Happy (cant blame them either). Anyway to get to the point.... 05/06 Metron M10 with Neox 412 or 05/06 Izor 9.7 with Neox 3.12. I prob ski 70% on piste and 30% off (when I can get away from my wife Very Happy). I am prob your average advanced skier. Any feed back on the skis themselves would be great, it would also be helpful if you followed up considering M10 pkg $530 and Izor 9.7 $399. I am leaning toward the M10s even though it would mean really stretching my budget.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello there cement legs, love the name. Which bit of Canada?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cement legs, no idea about the skis - which colour do you prefer Toofy Grin ?

Anyway, welcome to snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cement legs, welcome to snowHead

the metron is by far the better ski of those two, with the ability that you have said you are i think you may find the Izors a little soft (depends on your weigh)

do they have anything else worth looking at?? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, I agree. I demoed the Izor and thought it was a bit dead. Granted, I demoed in the spring with a lot of slushy spring conditions, so I may not have given it a fair shake, but if I were chosing between those two skis, I'd go with the Metron.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The M10 is the unsung hero of the Metron line. Best value.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, I think I have been leaning towards the Metrons for a little while and thats what I'll buy. Now I'd like to add one more wrench to the equation (since I just found a good deal on a new 04-05 set). M10 04-05 $470, or M10 05-06 $530, both brand new. I guess Im wondering if anyone can remember what chnages Atomic made to the skis during those two years. Thanks for the replies.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cement legs wrote:
Ok, I think I have been leaning towards the Metrons for a little while and thats what I'll buy. Now I'd like to add one more wrench to the equation (since I just found a good deal on a new 04-05 set). M10 04-05 $470, or M10 05-06 $530, both brand new. I guess Im wondering if anyone can remember what chnages Atomic made to the skis during those two years. Thanks for the replies.

There were some changes between the 04/05 M:10 PULS-ti and the 05/06. According to the Atomic data sheets and using the 164 for a comparison, the 04/05 is 121-74-107 and the 05/06 is 125-74-109. The radius is 12.5 on both. I have no idea whether these changes made any difference – good or bad. Neutral
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The M:10 is awsome. I skied on them last year for a little while and the carve like none other. Their generous sidecuts turn really well. These skis are amazing for the piste. Off-piste they are a little shaky, but it doesn't sound like you get off-piste much. But anyways, neither of these skis are particularly strong off-piste. I believe that the Izor is more of an intermediate ski, which would be uncomparable to the M:10. If you like to ski hard and truly carve the mountain, I would definetly take the M:10.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy