Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for some accommodation in Val d'Isere for New Year's (not a lot available) and Ski Amis have 2 large apartments available. Has anyone used this company before and willing to share their expereience?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
where are the apartments? If it's Jardin Alpin, be prepared for your typical french "rabbit hut" accomodation. Not used Ski Amis though
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt,
One in Residence Portillo (70m2) and one in Resicence Cacholet (80m2)- both sleeping 8 people. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sureley that's a bit small for eight people
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've seen French 'Shoebox' aparts as small as 23m2 billed as 4pers.

There is usually a certain economy of scale due to the space of the communal areas increasing. So 60m2 between 8 will not seem as cramped as 30m2 between 4.

Actually 80m2 for 8 isn't too bad by French standards: quite adequate.
One thing to bear in mind though, that the number of occupants they quote almost always involves 2 on the sofa bed in the lounge. I find that using the sofa bed often makes u feel as if your apart is crowded.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The French also have a very different attitude to space on holiday. Our apartment is 30m2 and also has a mezzanine. We have three double beds (one being the sofa bed) and a single AeroBed (excellent by the way). We only recommend that friends have four people in the apartment for a week and only consider having five or six if they're only staying for a weekend.

The studio apartment next door is 18m2 and owned by a French family. Officially is sleeps 6 Shocked Shocked Shocked - 2 in bunks in the hall and 2 on 2 double sofa beds.

We counted 9 French people coming out of there one morning - although 5 were smallish children...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
70m2 for 8 people sounds quite unpleasant. Our apartment is 38m2 and I wouldn't want more than 4 people in it (in fact, we decided not to have a sofabed as trying to squeeze an extra one or two people in the living area was just too much).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hywel, does it have to be Val d'Isere. If you want something luxurious, try this . This is the apartment that our builder has kept for himself, and it is fabulous.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stayed in a 90m2 apartment in Courchevel and that had plenty of space. Most of the shoe box apartments that sleep 4 are about 26m2. The apartment in Residence Cacholet has the advantage of not having beds in the living area. I should also clarify that four of our party are children which possibly makes things less cramped.

On a side note I've today seen these two apartments on a Val D agency website and their prices are significantly cheaper Puzzled

Helen Beaumont, Luxury, sheer luxury......probably out of our reach....I'm only a poor pharmacist after all wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hywel, wink . Re the agency prices, if you can find an independent apartment owner, you'll probably pay even less.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, cooooo - that is nice.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
70-80 sq metres is palatial we had 7 in 55 metre last year in courchevel. I am trying to persaude the other to give up on crystal and DIY
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy