Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy opening 25th november

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just booked 3 days in Tignes for the opening of the espace Killy on november 25th and was wondering what to expect. Although we're going mainly for the park on the glacier, it'd be nice to have a few runs on some fresh snow, is it likely, or am I just deluding myself.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ludo, Welcome to snowHeads!

How much of Espace Killy is due to be open that weekend? I thought Val d'Isere didn't open until the first weekend in December?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes glacier is reopening next weekend and espace Killy on nov 25th according to their site www.tignes.net Not sure how much of it will be opened but they were offering a great deal, 2nights accom + 3 days lift pass for 115 euros pp (rooms for 4) so even if we can only ride the park it'll still be worth it (perfect pre season practice for the younguns)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 22-09-06 20:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the welcome btw
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't help with your enquiry Ludo, but welcome to snowHeads.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ludo wrote:
Hi, just booked 3 days in Tignes for the opening of the espace Killy on november 25th and was wondering what to expect. Although we're going mainly for the park on the glacier, it'd be nice to have a few runs on some fresh snow, is it likely, or am I just deluding myself.

Rocks, grass, cows...

seriously I have had free tickets for the opening weekend for the last few years and have not yet felt it worth the 20 euros petrol to drive up. Last year Val d'Isere had to abort the opening.... but even if they had paid my hotel and petrol last year I wouldn't have gone for the weekend they did finally open.

If you are going for the park then you have other objectives and it should be fine although even the glacier was a bit ropey in November last year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in Tignes for the third week of November last season. The snow park on the Grand Motte was open (and not too busy), but didn't seem very extensive in terms of how many jumps, rails, etc had been built. Conditions were hard-pack snow and ice - great for me as I was there to ski GS gates, but perhaps not so good for free skiing. At the end of the week there was a heavy fall of snow (about a foot of fresh at resort level) but strong winds meant the Grand Motte was shut all day. I did the same week the previous year, and we had a few days of moderate snow on the glacier, but rain at resort level.

For a pre-season fix I think it's a good thing to do, especially if you're there for a particular reason like playing in the park or running a few gates, but in a typical year I don't think you should have high expectations of decent snow conditions. That way you might be in for a nice surprise, rather than disappointment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys, I was kind of expecting such depressing replies, booked it on a spur of the moment thing, driven by montains withdrawals. Like I said, I'm taking a couple of young freestylers, 1 skier 1 boarder for a bit of training, so as long as the park is ridable then we'll be happy.
Also, my son is booked to go a freestyle camp to les 2alpes for end of October, anyone been round that time? Must be cold, wet and windy I expect.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ludo, Your son would be going to the Mondial event in Les 2 Alpes. There are about 40 of us meeting up for that, but we are going to time in with the ski event at the end of the week, I guess he is going to the snowboard event at the start of the week - have a look at the Mondial threads - you could have joined us there (you still could in fact). Last year a slightly smaller number went and reportedly had an excellent time and the skiing sounded good, though only on the glacier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ludo, Don't worry about it, it could be great. Impossible to predict. For instance two years ago I went to Cervinia on the 12 Nov and it looked like this. Last year the earliest that looked like that was 3 December. So you never know.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ludo, That time of year it's as long as a piece of string. Shame you booked before anyone told you about the PSB?Mondial. You could have had9 days skiig if you went for the Mondial du Snowboard as well! The threads are in "Snow Events" and Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ludo, last October, it was warm, dry and sunny!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you all, Ray Zorro, my son's going to the mc nab junior development camp, not sure if their team is being entered in that comp. Easiski, I'm gonna go check that thread now, no reason I can't do both, well there are but I can always ignore them..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy