Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stormrider XL 184 (last season) 30%off - should I buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'v seen these (see title) and was wondering if they were wide enough for off-piste work. Im an agressive heavy 175tall bloke with a couple of weeks off piste in mainly heavy conditions.

Should I buy or demo first ?
How much should I haggle - they are unlikely to shift monsters like these now ?
snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lampbus, Hello mate, they look a bit long if you're 175 tall?? They won't change for this year I don't think as I believe Stoeckli only change every two years.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, Hi, I rode the Legend8000 in 184 at the EOSB and was v.happy. But the 8000 is 4mm wider underfoot . . .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lampbus, I had a loot at the stockli site and they are suggesting +/- 10cm I think. I haven;t tried them myself (but want to!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lampbus, I am a Stormrider Toofy Grin as you may remember! I think we are of similar build and temperament. (Although I do recall your 'temperament' getting the better of you when you experienced some 'negative events' before you tried the Legend 8000's!!!!!! You are I think looking for a ski to take anywhere on the mountain (& valleys)

I have got the 184's and found them excellent in all conditions, except breakable crust, but that's down to me, which YOU DO know that I have struggled with, having witnessed some of my more memorable 'negative events' during these conditions. They really are a top General Purpose ski IMO.

Where are you buying from and how much? I got mine from Telemark Pyrenees - a really great Scottish owned business in the Pyrenees (Deliver anywhere). I had a problem with one of the Stormriders - some delamination of the upper layer. I sent the skis back. They e-mailed to ask where I would like the NEW skis sent to. No messing around or any waffle. Stoeklis warranty does what it says on the tin.

Having said that, I bought a pair of Legend 8000's, with touring bindings, for a higher percentage of off-piste use, at the tail end of last season - again from Telemark Pyrenees in their sale. (As I am a Legend in my own mind, I felt it appropriate to have Legends at my feet Toofy Grin ). This was mainly because of such good, honest reporting, mainly from snowHeads on their performance and ability to perform in all conditionds as what I call a General Purpose Ski.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lampbus,

I would have put you in 174 unless you are a lot over 13st... Nothing wrong wioth the ski tho
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought the Stormriders last year after skiing them in Wengen for two weeks. I used to have Salomon Pilots (one Chilli) which although very forgiving in the soft stuff were far to flexible for me on piste. I tend to ski more off piste than on but this ski, is a brilliant allrounder with a lovely float in powder but still stiff enough to grip on hardpack. Best ski Ive ever been on by a mile and I did try a few different pairs. You need to be aggressive in them and/or like me being fairly big helps too. From the sound of your post I would have thought they would be perfect for you and 30% off is a bargain. One thing, I didnt find them too good for moguls as they are stiff skis but alas that may have been down to me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lampbus, a moment of doubt has crept in after JT, 's post. I am not certain if mine are 184's or 174's. Skis are in france but I will dig out the sales invoice if it's important. Blush
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BernardC, thanks but dont go out of your way right now Cool
I'm 13.4 stone for anyone who's interested.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lampbus,

I think that would put you on the 174.... or like me just between skis, I feel. I think BC skis on 174's IRCC.
Its one of the reason's I willl look at other skis....The Outlaw at 181. I might get a better idea of what I like at the PSB with the Mission looking a favourite... If you like that ski, I am sure you will be able to get that price or better in Mar at the latest as they will be changing for 2008, I reckon...

A stonking ski, no matter what tho'... with a piste bias, albeit slightly
snow report
 brian
brian
lampbus, the RRP for the XL in Switzerland is 799CHF, just under £350. As others have said, it's unchanged for this season, so there will be plenty around.

If you're MSB-ing you might get a bargain on it in March, there are stockists in Wengen and Grindelwald.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I once thought about getting this ski and maybe will when my Hot Rods die. It's a very stiff ski as I understand, and I would therefore be wary of 184 length if I were you, unless you are a particularly strong and aggressive skier.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lampbus, Why not try a pair out at the Mondial
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lampbus, Mine are 174's and they cost around 600 euro in France
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy