Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Want to go skiing round mid-end of march,any recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey
i'm looking to go skiing next year around mid to end of march for a week.
only problem is im a student and well, lets just say im not amazingly rich.
but im looking for somewhere which is nice and cheap but also has a variety of runs.
anyone help?
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's fairly low season and if you're not in a big group you should be alright holding off booking now and going for a late deal.

I can't remember when St Patrick's Day is but I was in Andorra for it a few years ago and there were loads of Irish people around (it was a favoured destination for them then) and the craic was mighty. I was in Soldeu which I really liked although there were massive queues for the one lift out of town first thing in the morning. There might be more lifts now.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
straightedgeprophet, Chamonix is great that time of year, try the Gite Vagabond for no nonsense good value accom'.

Now, am i on commision for the Vagabond?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
straightedgeprophet, March is always good value in just about any resort, but it is worth checking the cost of the lift pass, which will vary enormously. La Rosiere is a good value resort with a lift pass costing just over £100.00 for six days skiing, there's 150 kms of pistes in the Espace San Bernardo with skiing in France and Italy. La Rosiere is inexpensive for on mountain meals/drinks and the Italian side is even better value, althgough over the past couple of seasons prices have begun to equalise. We operate a chalet in La Rosiere, if you can be tempted to a catered chalet we have some good deals for March, we give snowheads a disciunt and pass back an equivalent sum to the site. See our ad in snowShops or go to www.tracksvacations.com for details.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 21-09-06 12:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, Yes, Yes, Yes Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool thankyou,i forgot to say that theres only 2 of us.
someone suggested val d'isere's pretty good saying its got alot of runs and the nightlife is pretty good as well. but im not sure.
also heard that tignes is absolutely beautiful but not much runs.
but overall im looking for basically cheap, a variety of runs, but also a place which is beautiful as well.
thanks for your help
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

also heard that tignes is absolutely beautiful but not much runs

straightedgeprophet, I think you were misinformed on both counts there. What is it thats important to you on a ski holiday?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
straightedgeprophet, if you head to the Val d'Allos (230km of pistes) in the southern French Alps the lift pass is £69 for the last week in March and £82 the week before that.

The area is generally quite quiet but for the last couple of years there have been groups of Dutch students staying up at La Foux for their university holidays which have been at the end of March so I expect the bars up there are quite lively. Last year they set up a big-top for them to have, what I believe is known as, a 'rave' in. Some of the instructors and lift workers from our village went up there so it was open to all.

There aren't any tour operators that use the area so you'd have to DIY it - the best option is a cheap EasyJet, BA or BMI flight to Nice and the train or coach up from there. There are plenty of hotels that will be cheap at that time of year and most of the apartments won't be used so you'd have no problem getting somewhere self-catering.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, somewhere that i can have a nice variety of runs and just spend my whole week discovering the place, but i also have to think about the miss' she wants it to be beautiful as well, so im taking in her request as well.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
straightedgeprophet, does your university have a ski club? They'll probably have a trip organised and it should be dirt cheap even if it means getting a coach there. Obviously, if it's to an ugly resort it won't fit the bill but I think they tend to go to the major ski areas so there should be plenty of slopes for you to choose from.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
even someone _elses_ uni would probably let you tag along for that matter!

What level of skiing are you? If it's just the two of you I'd definately wait and see what the late deals through up a fortnight or so beforehand.

Jess
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
straightedgeprophet,

If there is only 2 of you and you are going in March then h out for a last minute deal - I did this 3 years in a row, booking on a Tuesday for a following Sunday Departure

Here in Ireland last mintue deals are faxed to travel agents on Monday afternoons for the following weekend - I have had some fab skiing like this for really low prices and never had to pay an under occupancy charge
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
www.snowcoach.co.uk are very good value if you don't mind the coach journey. They have a nice hotel in St Gervais; the food is nice and the wine is particularly good. We went for a weekend and were particuarly impressed that the owners ate with the punters - something you rarely get in hotels.

The hotel, though, is nowhere near the slopes - they shuttle you to whatever that day's skiing is on the coach - which is fine in practice. This does have the advantage that they can choose where to go to, depending on conditions.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
straightedgeprophet, when you say that you want a place that is beautiful, do you mean the town or the mountains. It is just that the nicest looking resorts (particularly thinking of Zermatt here) are often the most expensive.

An option for cheaper holidays may be to stay in one of the satellite villages that link into larger domains. Brides Les Bains is one example that links into the 3 valleys (it could not be described as beautiful though). There is a similar link the other side of Val Thorens to Orelle. The saving in cost is compromised by a slightly longer start to the day.

The cheapest means if you want to book ahead with an operator would be going by coach (it isn't as bad as it sounds and must be better than driving yourself which so many others do). I have used these to Brides http://www.skiweekends.com this would give you travel and B&B in a reasonable hotel in probably the largest ski area in Europe for £350 p/p.

Savings can often be made by booking yourself or as mentioned above by leaving it to the last minute.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not sure about ski club, i need to look that up.
at the moment its only 2 of us.
but just say in the end theres 4 of us, would waiting for a last minute deal be such a good idea???
we're looking for a resort which like has basically beautiful scenery so mountains etc..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy