Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Richmond Park leaf report and webcam

Poster: A snowHead
In the run-up to November's avalanche rescue in Richmond Park we hope to bring you regular updates. This report just in from local leafties:
Quote:
Last leaf-fall 21.9. Best leaves on upper slopes. Leaf guns working flat out. All chairleafts operating today

There's no leafcam in the park. Couldn't find a webcam for Richmond Park at all ... not even Richmond (do they have computers in Richmond?). In the meantime, here's a webcam for Richmond, Kentucky:

I appreciate this is pretty useless. Could someone get hold of upper and lower leaf depths?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, fantastic ! Surely at this time of year there is good cover on the tops, but with a large air gap underneath ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All this avalanche rescue gadgetry is baloney. Have you seen what happens to the soft innards of a person when hit by a heavy leaf-fall at just the wrong time (aka autumn)? The best policy is avoidance. If you're going to play in the park you need to be able to accurately assess conditions* to minimise risk before straying under a tree. If you are not very experienced in the park you should always take a guide. And an umbrella. No dogs allowed.

*European LeafFall Hazard Scale:
No leaves Level 1 low
Buds Level 2 moderate
Green Level 3 considerable
Orange Level 4 high
Brown Level 5 very high
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski, I should think there's a lot of truth in that.
I hear that some leaf avalanches are destructive enough to wipe out forests, which is quite ironic when you think about it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, Richmond Park has extensive leaf-making capabilities in the event that there's low leaf-fall.

It also has an award winning conker school with English speaking instructors.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are at level 4 here in NI. Combine that with todays winds and its a disaster waiting to happen.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are at level 5!!!!

50,000 houses in NI without electric. Theose evil leaves
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi im new to this forum and am planning my first weeks leafing holiday with the family , kids 5 and 8 years.

I was hoping you could recommend a good resort for us virgins and has anyone got contacts for a good leaf instructor. I think an important part of the holiday will be how well the piste is maintained and by who.

I dont want to go to a leaf resort that has poor piste maintance by cheaply paid local council workers. I want the dogs bo**ocks.

Is richmond park only for borders and twin tip leafers as it says on the can " IT'S A PARK " or are the nursery areas for young sapling? Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Curtains, I know a good leaf instructor - he blows the competition out of the park, but if you want the dog's bo**ocks, I'd recommend the Korean Restaurant on Richmond High Street. They're nadtastic.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Curtains wrote:
... am planning my first weeks leafing holiday with the family, kids 5 and 8 years.

Curtains wrote:
I was hoping you could recommend a good resort for us virgins ...

For a virgin you are remarkably active, sexually.
I recommend Richmond Park, but certainly not for virgins. You'd be amazed what goes on under the leaves.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
slikedges, So, you're taking no account of the effects of fresh deer poo on the instability of the leaf layers. You're a danger to yourself and others. Get a guide!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm looking for some good green leaf in West London if anyone can help?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, there's plenty round Camden...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, the effects of fresh and wind-blown deer poo overlying layers of leaves lain down in varying temperatures is well-known to me, I simply wished to keep my message that avoidance is preferable to the erroneous strategy of survival uncomplicated. That said I'll admit to being not sufficiently familiar with any of the shrubberies and copses or secret paths thru the trees to ever really venture far without a guide.
latest report
Anyone know what the conditions are like above the tree-line?
snow report
skanky, I thought Richmond was above the District Line...
snow conditions
It's a brown hell out there...
ski holidays
skanky, Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy