Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off PIste Advice - Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I off to Courchevel in Jan 2007. Looking to take off piste lessons\ tuition, based out of CV1850.

I've approx 20 weeks ski-ing mostly on piste and looking for something a little different this year. But I want to take professional guidance rather than just chancing it.

Any advice or recommendations out there? Groups, private etc.. particular instructors \ companies etc.. I'm not a extreme skier, just a little too much in my comfort zone. Thanks.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 21-09-06 1:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe have a word with Newgen http://www.skinewgen.com/courchevel1850/ ?

The only individual I can comment on is Tom Saxlund, but he did it for me wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fraserp, Ski Supreme based in C1850 are also very good. I've skied with Gareth Roberts a few times and think he's very good, but other instructors there should also be of a very high standard.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yoda, and rob@rar.org.uk, Thank for this info.

I have the 'pleasure' of ski-ing with Newgen several time but had varying experiences, from excellent to poor. I even had a ski clinic, that had been booked for months, cancelled mid morning before a 2.00 pm start. On that occassion Tom (who is a director of the business, didnt give me many options, other than money back! Well dissapointed. Sad

Never tried Ski Supreme, I'll try contacting them as a start.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fraserp, sorry to hear about your experiences with Newgen - I haven't actually skied with them as a "school", but only with Tom during an off-piste week (not in the 3 valleys either!), hence my slightly qualified suggestion. Would still highly recommend him on a personal basis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would suggest contacting François Grain of Poudre & Glace. He is French but speaks good English... I ski tour with his wife sometimes but that is not why I mention him. François is not only an ENSA qualified ski instructor but also a high mountain guide. He works in Courchevel during a lot of the ski season.

http://www.poudre-glace.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.inspiredtoski.com/ are there during some of Jan
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
similar dodgy experiences with new gen. supreme are the business.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slikedges, I've been intouch with Sally Chapman of Inspired To Ski, and now have some details about their Off Piste course. This may be a way forward. Positive info, quick responses to emails, good start!

In 2005 I though that NewGen were excellent. Pvt lessons x 2 and aweeks of tuiton, got me right back in the saddle after 20 years out. In 2006 they were rather inconsistent. It is down to your own direct contact, usually with one person (the instructor). For the student, it's an integral part of the trip, planned for months. I've come to understand that first impressions do count. If you not happy with a ski school\ lesson\ instructor within the first hour; its unlikely to improve. Deal with it straight way. Get in a more relevant class up or down, or get your money back.

Back to off Piste, I've seen advertised several lectures that are available in the UK, one via Snow & Rock and the other by Henry. I'm going to attend both to see what info can be gleaned. They seem to cover many areas; maybe I'll get some more recommendations there. Thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fraserp, Sally and her team are great. She only uses the very best British instructors, and has a good setup with evening talks and video feedback. I've done a couple of courses with her (and a few more with her former business partner Phil Smith who now runs Snoworks).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy