Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shall I buy new skis ???

Poster: A snowHead
A few of you may have seen the thread about the EB ski test in Castleford where I mentioned the Nordica Hot Rods. A few of you were there and heard gentle moaning noises.

Now do I need to buy these skis or should I just stick with what I have already got. The difference to my skiing was amazing. They felt so natural to ski on and personally, I felt much more comfortable. As a snowHead do I get discount at either EB or S&R ???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smokin Joe, buy them, you know you want to!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, are you stalking me ???? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy wink

I know, I want to buy them I just need to be convinced - snowbird reckons I should just buy them and sell my Fischers !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buy the skis! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If 50 people reckon I should buy them I will go out and do just that !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe, stalking? What would happen if someone read what you wrote elsewhere?

Oh, and if snowbird says so, then you definitely should!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smokin Joe,
If I felt they made a difference to my skiing I'd buy them. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smokin Joe, Buy 'em.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe, Go on buy them Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok - so where is the best place to sell my Fischers ??? And as a slushnut do we have a discount organised anywhere ? If not I'm not frightened to ask for something knocked off - Charlatanefc is usually good in that department !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smokin Joe, buy them. Buy them. Buy them.

Then buy another pair, just in case Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Buy!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Buy them! and sell your Fischers on ebay snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokin Joe, No option really, buy them
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe, yes buy me them. snowHead
snow report
Buy Them. You need them. Put the old skis for sale on here, if they don't sell put them on e-bay in December or January.
snow report
do it now Laughing
ski holidays
Smokin Joe wrote:
A few of you may have seen the thread about the EB ski test in Castleford where I mentioned the Nordica Hot Rods. A few of you were there and heard gentle moaning noises.

Now do I need to buy these skis or should I just stick with what I have already got. The difference to my skiing was amazing. They felt so natural to ski on and personally, I felt much more comfortable. As a snowHead do I get discount at either EB or S&R ???

So you really want me to answer these questions seriously?

First:
Now do I need to buy these skis?
Heck no! But you SHOULD buy these skis!

Second:
Or should I just stick with what I have already?
Of course you should stick with what you have.
Who said you need to get rid of your old skis just because you bought new boards?
Keem the both. You may find opportunities to ski different skis for different conditions and terrain.
Or you could keep the old skis on hand for those rare occasions when you have a guest who doesn't have skis and doesn't want to rent.

Third:
My question for you:
Are you familiar with the term "ski quiver"?
Does a person NEED a quiver?
How much fun is it to have a quiver?
Are guys intimidated by chicks with quivers?

Let us know when you have answers to my questions.
Let us know when you have your new skis!
latest report
Wear sunscreen, oh and BUY
snow report
Buy
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, buy - its only money and life is to short to worry about that
latest report
Smokin Joe, You said your RX6s sometimes flapped and shuddered - in that case sell them
latest report
Smokin Joe, Buy, Buy, Buy Toofy Grin

snowHead
latest report
Smokin Joe, Buy snowHead
snow report
Smokin Joe, why are you asking such a stupid question Puzzled Surly you should be hot footing it down to EB, S & R or Lockwoods to get the deal done and while you there don't you think snowbird would like some as well. They don't have to cost as much as yours though wink
snow conditions
Buy, buy, buy...if cash

Or demo again later if CC, you aren't gonna use them until the season
latest report
God, it's like asking fellow alcoholics if you should buy another drink rolling eyes.
snow report
Buy some now, and next year avoid testing any skis.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokin Joe, No, rent, you know it makes no sense Toofy Grin wink Laughing
snow report
dont buy them unless you need them.. wont anyone on here think about the enviroment, the needless waste.. Cool
snow report
buy them think of those poor sods who would be out of job in bulgaria or whichever third world sweatshop manufacturing country is used by nordica
snow report
I still want them........................................... rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
SnowHot, I like chicks with quivers. I prefer chicks who quiver...
snow conditions
Rent.
ski holidays
Smokin Joe,

If you think they improved your skiing and you felt so much better on them then that's a very good reason for getting them..

I thought this was a done deal, you know you're goona get them anyway, what's keeping you..??
snow report
The problem with renting them is that you'll take one look at the cost and realise you already have a pair of skis so you'll end up using them instead. Therefore you MUST buy them. If you don't, I will...depending on how they feel at the PSB Toofy Grin
snow report
Smokin Joe, if you want them, buy them. Don't weigh up the rental v buying at all. That isn't the point of owning your own skis. I want those Elan Wave Magic's. Pass the credit card!!!
ski holidays
Smokin Joe wrote:
If 50 people reckon I should buy them I will go out and do just that !

Mrs NBT and me both say if you have the cash, do it. you can't take it with you so enjoy it while you can
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, buy 'em! I went to the 1st Castleford ski test ski test with no intention of changing my ski's this winter, but as quite a few of you on here know, as soon as I put those Magfires on my feet I knew I was changing them! Even if they only FEEL like they are making you ski better, rather than actually skiing better on them they will still be worth it, as they will give you a lot more confidence that they are going to do what you want them to.

Just read FTS's comment about you saying they flapped a bit. TBH I found pretty much the same with my RX8's, they felt great in a long carve, but never felt overly stable running straight down the falline at speed. Oh and let me know where has them, and I'll arrange a 5 fingered discount for yer Wink
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, it' s a bit like whether to buy a new car. You've done the test drive, the car feels good, you know you're the only owner. They're also like a car in that they're a pain to take on holiday, they lose a third of their value the second you buy them and need servicing or they're screwed.

So, demo them again and if you like them as much, buy them. Better still do a try before you buy when on hols. Life is too short.

And never demo other skis for three years after, minimum.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy