Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

An incredibly serious and important equipment question...

Poster: A snowHead
...it has come to my attention that SOS have gone a little retro this year and will be vending some extremely fine colour ranges.

Check out http://www.sos-sportswear.com/. Sorry it's chock full of the usual manufacturer's ("look we're so clever with web pages it's not apparent to us that we're being w*nkers") flashturbation so I can't direct link to what I'm about to talk about.

I quite fancy a 624-10020 jacket in "Lagoon" (turquoise?) with T52 stretch pants in "Flame" (?orange).

A winning combination I believe, aesthetically anyway.

What do you reckon.

Better than black at least anyway??

P.S. do I need new ski boots to match too?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PPS - quite very seriously, how does Entrant Dermizax compare with Gore-tex XCR? I ski in Morzine from time to time so the ability to cope with torrential rain is highly important.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I ski in Morzine from time to time so the ability to cope with torrential rain is highly important.

I believe you can get a burberry umbrella Toofy Grin Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I normally ski Morzine in an RNLI suit [' SOS']
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, oh god.... that blue.... I still have a pair of pink fluoro trousers somewhere from 1989, I knew I was right to keep them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, do you think I might be able to carry off a 10-021 in Pleather with 20-022s in 315 Flame, or do I need 085 Concrete?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely you were born to wear J Lindeberg wink

http://www.jlindeberg.com/wear_ski_products.php
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh, nononono, the fur hood is just too sledhead. I'd never live it down.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I already told you guys... i know someone will probably make whatever weird colour scheme you fancy in the style you want.... he does a nice job too.... and certainly NOT black!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I need someone to patch in a codura type gaiter on XCR pants. Something that is a bit more durable and resiliant against edges... and in black..!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, leather ski gear? nice

i quite like the stuff at www.norrona.no which is probably bright enough for David Murdoch's tastes but doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the UK (at least not the kecks). slightly unwilling to part with the reassuringly expensive cost of them without trying on
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT, these guys are very good, http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk/ they act as repair agents for many of the big suppliers and i am sure they will be able to do what you want.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 19-09-06 9:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch wrote:

Yes but make sure you go for rear entry, don't forget the finishing touches either (i.e. bandana, luminous ski poles and bright white sunblock on the lips)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
David Murdoch wrote:

Yes but make sure you go for rear entry.....

Careful. You'll offend David Goldsmith (who writes about them) and admin (who skis in them). Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Doesn't offend me in the slightest. The binning of the rear-entry ski boot was one of the great follies of our time. Likewise the one-piece skisuit.

People get into lifeboats in one-piece suits (though admittedly not rear-entry boots) for a good reason.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, yep to keep the English Channel out... you are obviously skiing in the wrong place... I really miss the sound of people continually adjusting poorly fitting rear-entry boots all over the mountain.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

The binning of the rear-entry ski boot was one of the great follies of our time. Likewise the one-piece skisuit

At least ONE of us still wers a one-piece AND it was bought in the last 2 years Embarassed
snow conditions
If I might be permitted to open up a small, cylindrical metal container of Oligochaetons, in reply to DG the SX91 was undoubtedly the finest rear entry boot ever made. Things went downhill from there on. It was an ideal product in terms of ease of use for many recreational skiers and remains so to this day. If it were still made, I would have no hesitation in recommending it to many people ! Once resoled with a vibram it also became a superb ski touring boot Little Angel
snow report
David Murdoch wrote:
PPS - quite very seriously, how does Entrant Dermizax compare with Gore-tex XCR? I ski in Morzine from time to time so the ability to cope with torrential rain is highly important.

http://www.verber.com/mark/outdoors/gear/breathability.pdf#search=%22Entrant%20Dermizax%20%22
snow conditions
comprex, the eternal question, "Flame" or "Concrete"?

As I always advise my dear clients, think of your eyes.

If you start your skiing day with the "look of eagles" and a slightly mischieveous glint glimmering metallically behind your Oakleys, you will get marvellous results and set them off gorgeously with "Concrete".

If, however, your typical skiing peepers resemble "p1ss holes in the snow", I suggest "Flame" pants might distract the onlookers and a discreet repair to a suitable hostelry for a generous pick-me-up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy