Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Where to Ski and Snowboard 2007' book

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Same question as last year:-

Did any other Snowheads get a free copy of 'Where to Ski and Snowboard' ?

I have had a quick skim through. It is much better than the old 'Good Ski Guide'. I used to get free copies of that years ago, but the original authors moved on and it started to rest on its laurels.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No free copy but offer of a discount
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just recieved my free copy, looks really good with loads of information. first time ive ever won anything, im well chuffed!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup - turned up yesterday - love the new comments on the piste maps - very handy.
aj xx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did not get a free copy - but bought one today in WHS - I buy it every other year. The format works well but they do need to upgrade or re-present it so that it appeals to buyers every year.

Quickly flicking through it I see this year it has some of the piste maps of the bigger resorts spread over two pages plus yellow box commmentaries on various parts of the ski domain bring particular matters of interest to the reader. For example, The piste map of Zermat has the following yellow box comments which are directly quoted from " Where to ski and snowboard 2007 " :

- off Rothorn " beautiful away-from-it all run at extreme end of ski area "
- below Sunnega " several world class mountain restaurants in Findeln "
- below Stockhorn/ Hohtali " Epic bump runs now classed as ski runs "
- from Furi " new lift for 200/07 between Furi to Riffelberg "
- At Plata Rosa " the link to Cervinia is vie the queue prone Klein Matterhorn cable car or two long tedious drag lifts "
- " very easy runs on the glacier ", etc.....

It gives a " whats new in 2006/07 section " but I do think that the yellow box commentary to be a good innovation and perhaps should be on all the piste maps as it brings them to life.

I would recommend this book and have bought it every other year. I undersand that the editors will send you a free copy if you write reviews of resorts which are of use and end up in the book.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
and now they tell me, could have got £2 off by buying online here rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latchigo, I have got my free copy and think that it is definately more informative than last years - the double page pistes maps are cool and if you are going to a resort for the first time some of the info in the yellow boxes could be really helpful.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NehNeh : how do i go about getting a free copy? if not maybe the discounted 1. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hibernia wrote:
and now they tell me, could have got £2 off by buying online here rolling eyes

Thanks for that. Ordered.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i got my free copy this week whoopee! -just goes to show these books do rely on customers reports and it must be the best ski and snowboard guide because of my tiny contribution .....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quite disappointed I stopped receiving a free copy a couple of years ago despite sending in some contributions. However, I still get a kick out of seeing my stuff in print.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy