Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current conditions in Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
metalhead132, is that the local forecast ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

testydonkey, its a picture of my heart monitor when I had a suspected heart attacked.

Only joking !!!

The top lines are various different models predicting temperature and the lines going up from the bottom shown precipitation in millimetres. so for example if it shows 30mm that roughly makes 30cm of snow.

Where is that for? im guessing Andorra.

P.S. 30mm is 3cm Neh Neh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
testydonkey, I know 30mm is 3cm !!! rolling eyes

1mm of rain would usually mean 1 cm of snow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

testydonkey, I know 30mm is 3cm !!!

1mm of rain would usually mean 1 cm of snow.

The fluff effect?

Anyway, its looking good. but not as good as i do in my sun glasses
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cauterets has a much better forcast and its not far away - hopefully the low pressure will come a little further east snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This has nearly gone over onto page 2 - it must the the picture of testydonkey putting people off !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

This has nearly gone over onto page 2 - it must the the picture of testydonkey putting people off !

hehe
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
By now the cold front is entering in the NW side of Pyrenees.
Tomorrow, it will snow hard all day
snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
metalhead132, keep us updated !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sitting in gatwick, yates board in 45mins! better finish the pint, roll on the snow tomorrows
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The local forecast for the Catalan (And Andorra) side of Pyrenees are speaking about nice dump, specially the North side such as Vall d'Aran (Baqueira-Beret) and also in Andorra. They said that the last forecast increase the amount of accumulated precipitation. Exactly they predict 48h of moderate snowfall for the North side, and light to moderate for the rest.

And the news are Thursday and Friday, it has been some possibilities of snow showers at sea level, especially in the eastern catalunya and central coast...and maybe in the Pyrenees too...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The snow starts in catalan Pyrenees: In 1 or 2 hours it's going to arribe to Andorra.

Snow level:1400m descending to 800m tonight.

More snow on the way by tomorrow, with snowlevel descending to 0m (coastline)

I suspect Andorra anb Baqueira will recibe more than 50cm of fresh snow.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
metalhead132, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
metalhead132, I sure hope you are right. I'm glued to the webcams.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
just stopped for lunch, 1st morning skiing, very limited, no off piest , can get from pas to funny camp! no conection to soudiu

sorry for my poor spelling
snow report
The webcams are looking promising from here the skies look dark grey, hopefully full of snow.. Very Happy
snow conditions
fil, you can get a bus to Soldeu from Pas. I think the Ski bus (free one if you've got your ski pass) leaves at about 9.15am, and the service bus (2 euros) goes at 10.15. It's only a 10 or 15 minute drive and worth the effort. snowHead
ski holidays
cheers was told that, plan to go later in the week, once this lovely dump happens!
snow conditions
Just in from work any dumping going on yet?
snow conditions
i'm now becoming totally obsessed with snow, and it's really not healthy!!! glad we've got a man on the inside to keep us updated!! p.s yay snow!!!!!! Shocked
latest report
kelz, welcome to snowheads snowHead
snow report
ITS SNOWING!!!!!

Grand Valira website says its snowing and the webcams look nice and snowy!!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
snow report
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Im literally stroking my sun glasses with excitement
ski holidays
00:31 and I have just checked the webcams on the roads and it is still snowing Laughing
snow report
started about 5pm in pas, was 6inchs worth , dunno what the reports are saying, improved the conditon a lot on the runs, that were open, still limited runs open, off piste very very limited, temps droped so the snow cannons are on constantly
latest report
This afternoon heavy snow is predicted; during 5-6 hours!!

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
At the moment 15-20cm in all range. Maximums of 40-50cm in Boí-Taüll and Baqueira-Beret,..another 30-40cm this afternoon in all north Side (including Andorra)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like by the end of the week Andorra may have most of its slopes open and the long range temperature forecasts bode well for the temperature staying down well into March.
snow report
kosciosco, Where do you get your temp forecasts from because netweather and metcheck seem to be suggesting that temps will rise again next week! I hope they are wrong and you are right!
ski holidays
smudger wrote:
kosciosco, Where do you get your temp forecasts from because netweather and metcheck seem to be suggesting that temps will rise again next week! I hope they are wrong and you are right!

I noticed this that there is a sharp rise in temp in about a weeks time.
ski holidays
http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_243_ens.png

Looking good at present for the first week in Feb.
snow report
What does that graph actually mean??? All the different colours and it looks rather random to me.
snow conditions
dj_colinbell,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852&start=0
ski holidays
Snowbird wrote:
dj_colinbell,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852&start=0

Thats all very good but the people in that thread have graphs that no longer match their post so Im still stuggling to see what im actually looking at.
snow report
dj_colinbell, the horizontal lines are temperature forecasts and the vertical lines are precipitation forecasts. That is basically showing precipitation 25/26 Jan and then again from 1 Feb. These models can change significantly but its a start.
latest report
Netweather are predicting a lot of snow for the 5th and 6th of Feb. It's a long way off and as Carled has said many times its impossible to predict exact amounts of snow but lets hope it happens!
snow conditions
Well in the West-French Side the amounts fo new snow surpases 60cm,..with tops of more than 100cm of fresh snow in Cauterets.

Today is snowing too in these parts of the range.

In the Cantabric Range (northern Spain), have fall between 100 and 150cm of nwe snow in three days
latest report
Hello Altom,

good news at last! I am going to St lary for 2 weeks on Saturday and the saint lary website says that there are only 9 pistes open despite new snow on Wedsnesday. Do you think they will open more runs this weekend?
snow conditions
snow dreamer, welcome to snowheads, where is St Lary?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy