Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current conditions in Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
Smokin Joe, So do I, I'm off to El Tarter March 4th, so a good dump of snow soon would at least have a good base for the artificial stuff if thats what it came to
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm planning on being in Soldeu that week too, got everything crossed that there'll be a good dump soon
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eeyore, where are you staying we could do a snowHead meet up
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowbird, I thought that you were there in Feb?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smokin Joe, 21st- next sunday! although im with a beginner boarder so ive offered to go in lessons with him so as long as at least one run is open we'll be ok!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
21st for me too! 4 of us staying in the catsby hotel,

ill be the one wondering round with my phone looking for an open wifi conection, to post on here how great the conditions are due to a massive dump on sunday ( fingers crossed and all that )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle, she is - she just wants to go in March as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is this starting to look a bit better ?

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_243_ens.png
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe, Yes that looks much better, the top line shows temperature dropping, just at the same time that the bottom line shows precipitation increasing, so that to me reads like snow!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

Is this Andorra on this map?

Have checked the precipitation chart that I normally look at and while there is a bit next weekend, much more looks to be coming 29/30 Jan
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got back from Pas de la Casa, and have to say they Reeeeally need some snow! Both there and Soldeu are open, but everything's cannoned, and as the cannons have been in use so much they are now having water ration issues. Soldeu is in the best shape, but that's not saying much (from Pas you have to get a bus there - linking runs are not open). Things not helped by the temperatures, 21 degrees at the top of the gondola station yesterday Shocked If you're taking your own skis and you've got a choice, don't take your best ones - you'll weep as the stones on the runs chew them up. Better to higher them I'd say. I don't know all the prices, but you can get decent boots, skis, and poles for 50 euros at Pas 83 found at the bottom of the Pas lift stations, and for an extra 15 euros you can store them back there every night. As I say, I don't know if this is the lowest price in resort, but certainly lower than many, and they were very polite and helpful. All that said, I've just had a great week, and I'd hope the same holds true for any of you going out there soon. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kosciosco, it was a link from page 4 which carled published. So hopefully things will improve. Fingers crossed !
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I go out to Pas on the 28th its put me in a bit of a downer with the lack of snow. Im new to skiing and when I booked Andorra last year I assumed there would be plenty of snow there at this time. I never knew it was so hit n miss.

God damn the weather!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dj_colinbell, Don't worry, by the looks of things you should get some snow by that point. This week is looking a bit poor, the week after looks to improve and the week you are there should see some good snowfall........provided the charts don't change which is very possible. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Eeyore, Michelle, mmm yes it is Feb i go not March Doh!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Come again anyway!! You know you want to Very Happy

Not sure where staying yet still hanging on for a good deal. A good guess would be the Austria but I've stayed there before so know what to expect
snow conditions
Eeyore, she's off to the MSB in March snowHead snowHead
latest report
Eeyore, you want more details?
snow conditions
I just had a Metcheck Snow update for Arinsal- Sunday and Monday 25.9cm on is way
latest report
In Soldeu from Sunday 21st - Please god lets have a dump ;o) I dont wanna ruin my board ;o( snowHead
ski holidays
Phil Jordan wrote:
Just got back from Pas de la Casa, Things not helped by the temperatures, 21 degrees at the top of the gondola station yesterday Shocked

That sounds horrific, could the temperature have really been that high?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 15-01-07 13:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
18 degrees more like it , even if you get 29.5 cms you wont be able to use it as they will pack it , and keep us off it mate, if they dont get at least a metre in the next two weeks the season is finished, the moon changes this week this will either make or break andorra, with no pack wot so ever things are quite serious, they cant use cannons as its too hot and even if they could they have no water left in the resivoirs to make snow, usually they would have a metre pack at top lift and about 50 cm at bottom station, they only have 20 cm 20 cms of man made which was getting worse by the day, only beginners were up there as it was boring and repetative, worst start to the new year ive ever had over there in 6 years, im sorry but that is the way it is,
snow conditions
Seven of us are off to Baqueira-Beret on 28th Jan (Chalet Hotel Salana). Is the snow situation going to be the same as Andorra? Was so looking forward to going to Baqueira for the first time too. Skied in Soldeu approx. 1988 when snow was so bad that they put patches of straw down that you had to jump over whilst on drag lift!!
snow conditions
boneheadz, Surely a few big dumpings would make a difference!

I have been waiting for weeks for a sign of snow and now it looks like it might happen your telling me it won't make any difference!?!!?!?

Agggghhhhh!!!!

Can anyone else hazard a guess as to how much snow Andorra would now need to make "decent" conditions? Surely 30cms would improve matters!
latest report
boneheadz, only relaying what the digital display said at the top of the gondola station. But I'd not say 18 degrees was anything to shout about either. As someone said on the other Andorra thread, best not get a weeks area pass at the mo, take it on a day by day approach.
snow conditions
smudger, calm down. Wait and see, theres alot of scare mongering etc- yes we all know theres not much snow blah blah, but they are forecasted some this weekend and it will improve conditions immeasurably. Probably wont see the whole area open or anything like that, but will ensure what there is open is in a lot better condition.
snow report
boneheadz, Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we aren't even halfway through the season yet, no need to be muttering such omens of doom just yet. Some good persistent snowfall in the next few weeks will sort everything out and by the looks of it that is what is coming
latest report
boneheadz, I was going to carefully deconstruct your email and counter your points one by one... there is no point. The whole post is such a heap of doggy-doo that it's not worth it.

Those of you off to Andorra. Yep it's hot at present, yep there's no snow, but as evidenced by the GFS ensembles Smokin Joe has linked to, from Monday-ish of next week, there looks to be a good dump a-comin'. Hopefully this will arrive in time for some of you guys.

*wanders off shaking his head in amazement at the utter bilge posted by boneheadz*
snow conditions
it would make a diffrence !but imagine how many kms have no base pack atall, look at my pics on my thread andorra the shocking truth,
firstly the core temperature of the mountains is going to be rather high and even if it turns cold it does take a while for a base pack to be hard enough to open a run, eg imagine going off piste after a dump, but the off piste has no frozen pack underneath what happens? you wipe off the new snow with nothing but rocks underneath, you will end up with a rather scratched board/skis and very possibly a bruised ego, i really do hope that they get loads of snow, but local sources i know and trust are saying diffrent, they are worried more than you or me as it is their livelyhood which is at stake, 30 cms will improve already open pistes for sure! but to get all of the terrain open including off piste is a diffrent story altogether, fingers crossed as i want to go to pas in march, and use the full extent of the grand valira, which i know and love.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carled, Thank goodness there are a few people keeping a level head round here. Things look bad at the moment but its still only mid Jan - long way to go yet
snow report
them charts have predicted snow all season and guess wot they were wrong!!!!!!!
snow conditions
boneheadz, often temperature gauges in public places are not accurate, the reason for this is the gauge is not the corrcet distance off the ground or in the shade, the only accurate readings come from a piece of kit called a stephensons screen which is a ventilated white box a specific distance off the ground. Temperatures in the sun can be alot higher than in the shade but this is not the correct reading and is never quoted when temperature measurements are taken.

Still lookiig at the pistes I can see why you are worried, to cheer you up go to www.masella.com (just down the road from Andorra) for more snow, albeit artificial.
snow conditions
thank peter, i understand what you are saying, really was hot up there though, got home yesterday and am really felling the cold over here, which really aint right.
snow report
gosh well done on having the most appropriate name.
snow report
my pleasure!!!!! Toofy Grin
latest report
Hey, the forecast ar calling for a big big dump next week!!!! with the snow level on sea level!!! Shocked Shocked

I had never seen this lack of snow in 15 years; I think the snow and cold will come next week.

Keep your fingers crossed
snow report
metalhead132, are they still forcasting them same locally ?
ski holidays
This is still looking good.

latest report
Quote:

This is still looking good.

Where is that for?
latest report
testydonkey, its a picture of my heart monitor when I had a suspected heart attacked. snowHead snowHead

Only joking !!!

The top lines are various different models predicting temperature and the lines going up from the bottom shown precipitation in millimetres. so for example if it shows 30mm that roughly makes 30cm of snow.
ski holidays
Calm, it seems that is going to snow very much in Andorra.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy